Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This afternoon two elderly sisters came to see Ravens Grin, then tonight two more elderly women were here for the house tour. What a load of fun they all were!
They laughed , had a good time here, and reacted well even though they were physically "hobbled" somewhat. The one who looked as if she had probably been a "Beauty Queen" most of her life kept calling me "Larry"!?
"Well, I once had an employee named "Larry" (deceased) but she is from Florida and was here today for the first time.....?
This elderly audience did respond well to most everything that happened during their visit here and then were all Very complimentary at the conclusion.
In some ways they were older but wiser with any comments they made and that was enjoyable too (also giving me some new and different things to respond to)
One should never pre-dispose of any potential audience. Treat them all "Golden" and further successes will follow.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No "Heart Attack waiver" , instead "I get to keep your body for a display" Sign-off of relative's rights. hahahha
"It looks So Real!".........People would be dying to get in!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ever since "Day-One" I have scared some people for real without even trying.
Maybe they just look at the exterior of the haunted house and decide that only an actual serial-killer would be living in such a spooky place with such a history?
The house is all alone at the end of a dead end street with woods and creek behind it, no other homes are close by at all.
We have had people finally tell us that the first time they came in the house that they left a message written then placed under their car seat giving the details of their visit here, time, date , excetra!
A man did this more recently using his cell phone and a web site for leaving such messages!
Twenty or so years ago when everybody AND his Brother seemed to be seeking old Harleys, I played simple and asked some Harley riders in my house if they wanted a good deal on one , since I had "a couple of 100 old Harleys out back?"
I had no idea that the man I "played to" was Police detective from 75 miles away!
I found that out the next day when a laughing man on my phone told me, because HE was the one who had told them all to come here!
(Not a single Harley here anyplace, just tons of really old car parts that seem to be buried everywhere here from the 1920s up to about 1955? The roto-tiller found a stack of Model "T" type windshields buried just under the ground!)

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, Yes,My Wife also found..

A metal, glazed? sign, red white and black 7 feet long by 2 feet high for Mobil gas selling Gargoyle Gasoline! The spinner could be adjusted to make the price 19-21-22 cents a gallon.
It is on display here in the house.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts