Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....Hey all .this is my first thread and I figured I start with my new Pride and Joy .The FCG........I (LIke every one else) stumbled on Phantasmachanics website last year and thought this thing to hard and expensive to make ............well this year thanks to Phantasmachanics website, alot of threads here and about 100 youtube videos I made one ..............and I gotta say its the coolest thing Ive ever seen ....Ive tweeked it a bit since the video but you get the basic idea....................and I think I can say that Im the only person in my area with one ............enjoy

heres the youtube link
YouTube - Jessica Flying Crank Ghost

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ty..my 6yr old daughter named her she names all my props ......and it might be alittle more spooky of a video if that WB Mason box wasnt in the background.........lol.......hey now I have a reason to make another video

·
Registered
76 Posts
I love how it looks like its looking around while its flying up and down. Very cool. I am working on 2 myself and I hope they come out this nice.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ty all for the kind words............for an evil time everyone is very nice3 and good ....lol.....ill make another over dramatic video of her when she is on my porch for the season..............

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nice. I like how the face looks. Did you put anything florescent on it or is it just the reflection from the glow of the cloth?

·
Reaper Queen
8,723 Posts
she looks great! I have one almost done, just am tweaking the ghost, didn't like how she turned out, so am gona see how to improve her, if she looks as nice as yours I will be thrilled!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice. I like how the face looks. Did you put anything florescent on it or is it just the reflection from the glow of the cloth?
yes I did paint her head .......I used a flouresant blue fabric paint from Michaels..I ended up actually rubbing it in more like a stain ......when I brushed it, it had brush strokes and was too Blue ...........with rubbing it in it was just enough to make it glow ,but not glow more than the body ........

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ty all .........I put alot into her and its awsome to have people praise her....as you all should ,......after all she is a frickin ghost who put alot of effort to come back from the grave .........so I thank you and she thanks you ........lol

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think she is going to go in my shed .........does the wind mess them up that bad or .................

·
Registered
491 Posts
FCG & Wind

I think she is going to go in my shed .........does the wind mess them up that bad or .................
1st one word: AWESOME! Okay now the wind... for me it was just the opposite, meaning she was fine in the wind until the wind blew a Boughanvilla branch over to her and it was tangle & snag city. I have to laugh now but I was pretty ticked off trying to untangle her on Halloween night. This year I'm trimming the Bough back, WAY BACK. Other than that the wind sort of adds to the animation unless it's 60 MPH winds then not many props survive that.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nice so .........she is going in the shed .............................man Im so hyped up ./

·
Registered
97 Posts
Looks great! Nice glow too...

I just built one based an phantasmics and other stuff.

One thing I didn't like was that the head moved vertically as much as the arms do.

I put a pulley on her head and tied the end off to the frame, thereby reducing the head's vertical movement. I might add one more pulley to reduce the head's side-to-side movement too. Once she moves into ehr mausoleum, I'll decide.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks great! Nice glow too...

I just built one based an phantasmics and other stuff.

One thing I didn't like was that the head moved vertically as much as the arms do.

I put a pulley on her head and tied the end off to the frame, thereby reducing the head's vertical movement. I might add one more pulley to reduce the head's side-to-side movement too. Once she moves into ehr mausoleum, I'll decide.
do you have the motor in the center of the pullies or in the back of the rig......................at first I had my motor towards the back and the whole ghost kinda went up and down with little arm movement..........I tried to make the head move less with another pully too ....................when I moved the motor to the center of the pullies I got the climbing look I wanted ..kinda like she is pushing herself up .........I have a thread on here somewhere called before and after ...........or trial and error ....or something and its got video of the rig before and after ..............but of the pullies work to fix your prob then Im doing all this typing for nothing.................

1 - 20 of 24 Posts