Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well what can I say.....let me tell you. I am the worst at building things and even wondered if I could even do this. This thing was so simple to do. It was even fun doing it because it felt like I was really building this. So cool and easy. Now I need to go buy some more skulls before their all gone. Glad I bought them along with my two skulls. 1 prop started for Halloween 2016. Here's a quick test after I put the two halves back together. Need a little more tweaking but I am really impressed. Great job on another quality product and support Jack !

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yah, I will do some more fine tuning of it as I work on some way to pose it. In the mean time I put the second one together also. It also ran perfectly. So just a bit more fine tuning and I'm good to go.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm pretty confident if I could figure it out , chances are anybody can. I was laughing at how many pictures I took of everything with my phone. That's why I said it felt like I actually built something when all I did was swap some parts out.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One more with a skull mounted on a skeleton body. I bought one from homedepot this year on sale. Took off the other head, and this one practically married up. It's on good and using the existing vertabrae which looks ok. The tones of the two are off a little but I can paint one or the other to match ( I think ). Anyway time to give it a rest for the night. I'm getting really strange looks from my wife and kids right now...something about **its only January**

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice work Danski! Did you make one stereo sound file with separate left and right tracks?
Well here's what I ended up doing. I do own ableton live, so after trying audacity, and not getting it, I went back to ableton...loaded a track that was stereo and just simply panned it to the left when I wanted The left one to talk and then the right for the other. I just left it a stereo track and used the pan feature. Worked perfect. I did remove a jumper from each.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
OK, just took a look at Audacity and I have to admit, it's not the most user friendly software but I was able to figure out how to create a split track so that you can have a two character conversation using one stereo sound file. It's really easy once you know how and will allow you to use two skulls that can talk to each other simply by connecting a single audio source. I'll write up the steps tomorrow for creating this using Audacity.

·
Registered
14,684 Posts
Well here's what I ended up doing. I do own ableton live, so after trying audacity, and not getting it, I went back to ableton...loaded a track that was stereo and just simply panned it to the left when I wanted The left one to talk and then the right for the other. I just left it a stereo track and used the pan feature. Worked perfect. I did remove a jumper from each.

Hmm, I haven't really played with Apple's Garage Band app (free as part of the OS) but it allows you to record music and audio and add effects and such. Checked a few settings in the audio record section and see it has the ability to pan. If pre-teens and teens can do all kinds of things with it, I'm hoping it will be a fast track to put together being only an audio recording. The app seems pretty intuitive and I made a little recording and was playing around with it already. There's a ? in the upper right corner of the app window and it brings up help to guide you in learning how to use. Nice!

A bit more playing around and I see you can export your recording to iTunes for example for playing on your iPhone, iPod or other MP3 device. I think I'll be able to do what I need to for this project using it.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
You really don't wanna rely on the "pan" feature for two skulls that talk to each other as that will require you to maually control the audio. You wanna create an audio file that has separate dialog on the left and right channels. By doing that, everything will be automatic when the skulls talk.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm not sure how mine works Jack, but all I did was use the pan feature on mines and they do exactly what I needed them to do. I will take some video showing the pan in action and post it. Maybe I'm just lucky but it works for me for some reason. Maybe I'm missing something. I don't do anything manually. It's all automated by drawing the pan left and right and letting it play.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts