Halloween Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Beware of the wand!
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a good jellyfish stinger label for a potion jar and believe it or not haven't found any luck. (I've managed to find one, but it is backwards!) My PC is in the shop right now, so I can't access the labels I already have and I can't "create" anything on the public PC that I'm currently using. HELP! By chance do any of you have a label you'd be willing to share? Thanks a million. :confused:

·
Beware of the wand!
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure if this is what you wanted but I made you one :)

*jumping up and down and clapping hands*

I could just swim the ocean and kiss you right now! You are so awesome. I feel so lost without my personal computer. It has really put a damper on things and has me a bit bummed out. I LOVE IT!

·
Beware of the wand!
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's beautiful!! So, I have to know... how are you making a jellyfish???
The jellyfish stinger I made using hot glue. If you have a glue mat, you can make strings and pull them off when dry. (You can also use a glass of cold water and get some neat looks as well. Obviously these "stingers" solidify on contact with the water.) I then stuff 'em in a jar with some water and coloring, maybe pieces of seaweed or dirt - depending on the look I want - add the label and lid and VOILA! Jellyfish Stingers!

I love the label halloween sucks made. Isn't it great! I'm as happy as a pig in mud right now.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The jellyfish stinger I made using hot glue. If you have a glue mat, you can make strings and pull them off when dry. (You can also use a glass of cold water and get some neat looks as well. Obviously these "stingers" solidify on contact with the water.) I then stuff 'em in a jar with some water and coloring, maybe pieces of seaweed or dirt - depending on the look I want - add the label and lid and VOILA! Jellyfish Stingers!

I love the label halloween sucks made. Isn't it great! I'm as happy as a pig in mud right now.
neat!! What do you do for the body? or do you just use the stingers?

·
Beware of the wand!
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Giggle- fill me in on the jellyfish!
If you want the whole jellyfish, I've gotten one of those children's toys that expand 600% in water. I have a few other shapes as well that have turned out great.

·
Registered
75 Posts
ohhhh that would be awesome! Where did you get the grow jellyfish?? I'm currently working on grow snakes and they're looking awesome!

·
Beware of the wand!
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ohhhh that would be awesome! Where did you get the grow jellyfish?? I'm currently working on grow snakes and they're looking awesome!

I got some great ones at Michael's. Right now Target has some other larger sea critters that expand. I wish I could find a jellyfish by that manufacturer as it starts off larger than the ones I got from Michael's. I've also gotten a few body parts at Dollar Tree. I haven't put them in the water yet.

I'm running seriously behind on my decorating. Breaking my foot has messed me up, then to add insult to injury my little one was hospitalized this week. I'm seriously feeling the pressure right now because her Halloween Ball is next weekend!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your foot and little girl! That must be nerve wracking. I'm sure you'll get it all together. Biggest thing is to have a plan, which is what I have a hard time doing.

Are the target sea critters in the toy section?? I guess I need to go take a look.

You found body parts that expand? Or just regular body parts you're putting in water? Expanding body parts sounds uber cool.

·
Beware of the wand!
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's what I'm working on today believe it or not. My daughter just got home last night and is still sleeping. I ran to her school to pick up her work and stopped by the library to check my messages and check out a movie she's been wanting to see. Then I'm off to pick her up for lunch, clean the house, decorate a bit more, go pick up her friend after school for a visit, clean more, decorate more, cook dinner, clean more, decorate more, go to bed, wake up, clean more, decorate more, so forth and so on, lol. I'm diving into my Halloween closet this evening so I can pull out all my tombstones and make the grave yard in my back yard. Oh the madness! (I may put my daughter's little friends to work! Muahhahahahahahahahahaaaa!)

The sea critters at Target are in the dollar section when you first walk in. They have an octopus - still needing to put him in water - that I'm anxious to see how he expands and looks. I think he'll be a neat one!

The body parts I got from Dollar Tree are expanding. They're not bloody or anything like that, but I'm tinting the water with a bit of red dye.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts