Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Every 23rd Spring, for 23 days, it gets to... eat. "

;)

I've been wanting to do the Creeper scarecrow for a long time, and since purchasing a large roll of chicken wire, I can!

He's 6'0" and considerably light, as I only used re-bar tie to secure the wire together.

Here's what I got done in about three hours today.

The arms need to be adjusted, as well as the legs.

And I also have the resting pole which will tie onto his back and form his arms further.

I'm making a duster jacket at the moment, once its finished it will get a nice coat of latex exterior brown.

Thanks, Monster-Maker.

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
can't wait to see it finished.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The mesh chicken wire is available in rolls at home depot in several different widths, but most of them are 25'.

I bought the 48" - 25' roll, cost about 48$... :( but worth it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's the duster coat that I sewed last night and painted this evening when the weather broke.

I'm now waiting for it to dry so I can go after with with a heat gun and paint/age it a little. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All dressed up and no one to eat. :p

The coat turned out... greenish, so its going to get some black and gray touch ups, and bubbling rips and tears with a heat gun tomorrow.

I'm still working out how to form the face, I'm not trying to have it look spot on in the looks department, but it needs to be similar in dim lighting. :confused:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally coming together!

All that needs to be added are shoes, the soon to be painted face, and main post. :D

I'm happy with the way the face turned out, as it will only be visible in dim lighting.

Forgive the picture, the head is drying upside down.

Thanks, Monster-Maker.

·
Obssessed Haunter
3,039 Posts
Cool.... you gonna give him wings ?
We did Jeepers about 5 years ago. Wings I made with copper tubing bent to the shape I wanted.... used a shear darker tan fabric to cover the copper tubing. Then used brown spray paint to darken some areas of the fabric... With the right lighting, the wings were a little transluscent.
We are using him again this year in our haunt.... he alway gets scares !

Cant wait to see you finished Creeper!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My Halloween funds are dangerously low, so wings will have to wait for 2010. :eek:

Do you have any pictures of your Creeper? I'm interested in seeing the wings.

Thanks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well here he is, done until its time to put him out front in October! :)

Maybe he will keep the bad teens away. :p

Thanks all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts