Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like many others, I have been using the Hitec HS-425BB for all of my Lindberg skull needs. They seem to work fine for the 3 axis but it's not my favorite for the Jaw. It seems to be a tad slow side and very noisy. I guess the speed is not as big of a concern as the noise. Unless I crank the volume up, you can here the jaw servo working away.

An suggestions for a substitute servo? Has anyone tried to dampen/insulate the noise of the servo?

·
The Evil Apparitionist
555 Posts
Like many others, I have been using the Hitec HS-425BB for all of my Lindberg skull needs. They seem to work fine for the 3 axis but it's not my favorite for the Jaw. It seems to be a tad slow side and very noisy. I guess the speed is not as big of a concern as the noise. Unless I crank the volume up, you can here the jaw servo working away.

An suggestions for a substitute servo? Has anyone tried to dampen/insulate the noise of the servo?
Most R/C Servos are mechanically noisy, its the design. The newer digital type servos are a little quieter but still make noise or whine. You can spend a lot of money on servos and still have the same noise.

·
Open up and say "Aaaaahh"
1,562 Posts
Why are you using 425's for the jaw? I've used 311's, they are faster, and no problem with noise. Plus they are cheap at around 9 bucks ea.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most R/C Servos are mechanically noisy, its the design. The newer digital type servos are a little quieter but still make noise or whine. You can spend a lot of money on servos and still have the same noise.
I was in R/C for years... I guess when you have an engine running at 20,000 RPM a little servo noise doesn't matter. :)

Why are you using 425's for the jaw? I've used 311's, they are faster, and no problem with noise. Plus they are cheap at around 9 bucks ea.
I'm going to try out a few different servos (including the 311) and try some dampening techniques.

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts