Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to know if there are any variations in the height of Gemmy's Jason Voorhees prop. I've seen three in person, two of which being 6' 7", the accurate height for him. But at a local Halloween shop their Jason is just over 5' 3". I honestly think that they just failed and forgot to pull his shoulders up all the way, but I figured I'd check before I order him.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think you hit the nail on the head! They probably did not raise him to his full height. I have one and he is also 6'7".

·
Registered
19 Posts
Tell you a story about this one, I have this prop and he is no where near 6.5ft tall. Problem lies with not being able to lock him in at full height like some of the other gemmy lifesizers. I contacted gemmy about this telling them all they had to do was strengthen the springs in the legs a bit, also my machete keeps falling out of his hand the magnet in the hand is not strong enough to withstand the swaying from side to side. Just my thoughts. Aside from that prop looks great. I think it's false advertising to say 6.5 ft on the box when he really only hits about 5'10". when left on his own. I will try and lock him out again this year see if that helps. I'm pretty sure that any gemmy prop that can be locked in cannot move from side to side but I could be wrong.
Cheers

·
Registered
415 Posts
I just got Jason and i can tell u this..im 5'6 and i had to stand on a chair to raise him to his full height...and in locked position..On his actual box it states hes 6 foot tall...c example pic:

·
Registered
415 Posts
Tell you a story about this one, I have this prop and he is no where near 6.5ft tall. Problem lies with not being able to lock him in at full height like some of the other gemmy lifesizers. I contacted gemmy about this telling them all they had to do was strengthen the springs in the legs a bit, also my machete keeps falling out of his hand the magnet in the hand is not strong enough to withstand the swaying from side to side. Just my thoughts. Aside from that prop looks great. I think it's false advertising to say 6.5 ft on the box when he really only hits about 5'10". when left on his own. I will try and lock him out again this year see if that helps. I'm pretty sure that any gemmy prop that can be locked in cannot move from side to side but I could be wrong.
Cheers
I can tell u this much it did take both me and my dh to lock him in position other than the fact hes taller than both of us..but for some reason he was harder to lock than all the rest of my girls and guys

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I got my Jason last year and he stands close to 7 feet in the locked position, probably closer to 6 foot 7 like other people have said. Here is a pic of me with Jason. I am 6'2" for comparison.

When I dig him out this year I will measure him, but I swear mine was close to 7 foot.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yeah, I'd say close to 7ft, , I've seen some people who don't pull him all the way up to locking but he is massive, he towers over everyhitng else I own :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts