Halloween Forum banner

Jason Voorhees hockey mask

4K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  Jason_Voorhees 
#1 ·
I am looking to create a static Jason Voorhees prop and thought I would get an early start on it. I am looking to purchase the hockey mask and have quite a wide range of prices $10-150. I am willing to pay for a quality mask its just hard to identify the quality from viewing pictures. Personally I like the Jason Voorhees part VIII mask by Els Studios although at $100 dollars its quite steep, but if the aging and quality are done right I will bite the bullet.

Can anyone recommend Els Studios or can someone recommend another dealer who puts out quality Jason Voohees hockey masks. (I already have the hood).

Regards,

Craig

I included a couple of my props for your viewing pleasure, or at least I hope its for your viewing pleasure.
View attachment 4268

View attachment 4269

#2 ·
Sorry, don't know anything about hockey masks ('cept that they're very necessary) but wanted to suggest looking out for after-season sales in the sporting goods depts. of the big box (Maulmart, Meijers, Target, etc.) stores as they sometimes have some good stuff on clearance.

Also, props on your props - they're wicked cool.

#5 ·
I'd recommend just going to Eekbay and buying a cheap hockey mask there. You can smear it with charcoal, dirt, mud, or brown/black greasepaint...scratch it up with an 80 grit sandpaper, flick some fake blood on it, millions of ways to modify the mask without having to spend a lot of money on it...save that money for a better buy....just my opinion though.

#6 ·
I would agree with Fiend..There are some fairly good quality hockey masks out there for a lot less cash. I'm not familiar with the particular one you describe, but I can see from the photo's of your props that you have an artistic talent. I'm sure if you purchased a cheaper mask and "modified it" to your requirements, you could find another good use for the $$ you would save.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.