Halloween Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was kind of a strange Halloween. Pretty much all of the budget for Halloween went to a home improvement project instead of new props so nothing new was built for the haunt this year. Also, I didn't really have any ideas for new stuff so I have just sort of coasted into the big night so far. And up until today I thought for sure it was going to get rained out anyway but it looks like the front has sped up and it will rain all day tomorrow and be done (hopefully) by Saturday afternoon. Another close call.

Tonight I finally got into the spirit and carved my four Jack O'Lanterns for the haunt and tomorrow, in the rain, I will begin to set up the haunt and finish up on Saturday afternoon and have stuff barely ready for the big night. I have been able to promote the food drive I'm putting on as part of the haunt, so hopefully we'll get a pretty good amount of donations.

It took me a while but seeing those Jacks lit up in the night and seeing my little boy so excited about it has finally lit a fire under me and even though there will be no new props in the haunt this year, I think it's still going to be a nice event for the neighborhood.

I hope all my fellow Yard Haunters have a hell of a good Halloween in 2015!!!!

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,390 Posts
So glad you are enjoying Halloween and most importantly, your son is enjoying it too. :) I didn't make any big plans for this year and really glad that I didn't as we had some unexpected car repairs that took just about all of our spare cash. :(

Later today I'll be carving some small pumpkins for my little girl and letting her have her first real taste of Halloween. :)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How old is your little one? So very glad you're in the spirit now and really "feeling" it! It's but once a year, ENJOY and have a wonderful Halloween!
My boy is four and a half. He was pretty excited today when I got him home from school and he saw part of the graveyard had been put up. But the weather here has sucked today. Never got above 50 and has rained all day, some heavy and some drizzle. They say it will be out of the area by early afternoon and clear by Trick r' Treat time. But I have no lights set up, none of the decorations that should not be out in the rain (but they would not be out anyway over night to avoid them growing legs and walking away) and the garage façade isn't up yet. It's going to be a photo finish tomorrow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts