Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
"They won't stay dead."
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every year I usually carve 8 or more jack-o-lanterns around my house. I was always big on carving by hand without the assistance of any stencils but the last couple of years I have been running out of ideas for the faces.

Is it possible that you kind folks can add photos of your past jack-o-lantern art so I can get some inspiration for this season? This way you can also show off your hard work carving and get some much deserved ooohs and aaahs. :p

Here are a couple of mine from the past;

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
If you have photoshop you can use the stamp tool to create your own stencils.
Good work on your pumpkins! I enjoy the canabalistic pumpkin :)
Am having trouble uploading pics at the moment. I always carve a haunted house with trees.

·
Registered
141 Posts
From 4 years ago when the weather was so bad I couldnt decorate the garden so I just carved a bunch of pumpkins. My mother had brought me back a pumpkin carving kit from the US where she had been on holiday because you couldnt get them easily over here then.

Not my own designs but I was proud of them anyway. Barney the Dino was done for my daughter as was Nemo, but Barney was no doubt the scariest one.

·
Registered
288 Posts

·
"They won't stay dead."
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, excellent carving everyone. :)

My 6 year old son was particularly fond of your Vader pumpkin, Medea! :)

All these carvings are giving me some great ideas, more, more, more! :p

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Oh nice job! I am partial to the Vader also lol :) And the one that was the same as mine!

·
How about a magic trick?
1,002 Posts
wow, amazing JOLs everyone!!
Since it's so warm down here in sunny south Florida,
I don't carve until 1 week prior to the big night and keep
it stored in the fridge covered in plastic food wrap to
prevent it from shriveling up - but when it does, I put
the entire JOL in an ice bath in a deep sink for about an
hour or two - and when I pull it out and dry it off, it's
as good as new and plump as ever :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Here are a couple that I have done in the past. I normally do a couple each year myself & dont like using stencils. What I do is go online and find pics or go to halloween shops and take pics of masks that I like and then sculpt the pumpkins.

·
Registered
141 Posts
PdCollins I actually Oooh'd so loudly my whole family who where getting ready for school/work came to see what I was Oooh'ing at.

Beautiful carving work.

·
"They won't stay dead."
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Perhaps a Vader pumpkin is in order for my 6 yr old this Halloween too. Gotta fund a stencil for that one!! :D

·
AKA - S.M. Barrett
1,084 Posts
Whoa - I get to boast.

"Killed by Death", I appreciate your carving, especially since I designed one of them. Back in the day, PumpkinMasters used to have a contest for entries.
I won once, and you did my design, "Harvest Moon", the reaper image. Check the name in the book, Scott Barrett.
That's me.
Neat to see it in green light.

My other half won as well, they gave her an Elegance prize for her piece, though it never got used - too complex for commercial use, I think.

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
I have ZERO carving skills. :( I just don't have the touch I guess. So, I'll have to enjoy all ya'lls pumpkins!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Whoa - I get to boast.

"Killed by Death", I appreciate your carving, especially since I designed one of them. Back in the day, PumpkinMasters used to have a contest for entries.
I won once, and you did my design, "Harvest Moon", the reaper image. Check the name in the book, Scott Barrett.
That's me.
Neat to see it in green light.

My other half won as well, they gave her an Elegance prize for her piece, though it never got used - too complex for commercial use, I think.
Hey Spats, how cool is that? You did a great job with that pattern. It's my favorite pumpkin design, Pumpkin Masters or otherwise. In fact, I've used it twice. Once on a real pumpkin and then again on a Michael's pumpkin. Take pride in knowing that your design will be in my haunt every Halloween.

P.S. - You should submit more to Pumpkin Masters. Their patterns have been weak the last few years.
P.P.S- If you're not going to submit them to Pumkin Masters you should submit them to me!! ;) Seriously, great job!!

·
AKA - S.M. Barrett
1,084 Posts
I don't think Pumpkinmasters still runs the contest.

Tell ya what, tell me what imagery you like, your favorite symbols of Halloween or whatever, and I'll see if I can't post somethin' in this thread in a day or two.

Fair enough?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Spats, I don't want to tie you down. I'm sure you have enough things to do. That being said, if you WANTED to post something that'd be great!:D The only request I'd make is that it's something creepy scary/spooky rather than cute. Otherwise, it's your call. Surprise us!! Thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts