Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I am new here and I wanted to share with you something that I've built. I am really proud of it. It was a lot of work, but it gets a lot of attention from the neighbors.

The archway is built with PVC pipe, tons of personally carved jackos (several store bought as well) and lights. I also added corn stalks this year.

My only regret is that I didn't "corpse" the pumpkins, but that is quite time consuming.

I hope you all enjoy it and please feel free to reach out me. Please check out my website as well as I have a blog there and much more Halloween related content!

IMG_2612.jpg
IMG_2644.jpg

·
Registered
872 Posts
There have been many pumpkin pillars and archways posted here over the years, and I've been amazed by all of them. But I have to admit yours is just plain fun. I love the faces. They truly make your archway stand out. Congrats. You have every right to be proud of your work. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Such a great idea. Also a great piece for people to put on thier Instagram. I did a zombie cage last year and didn't expect everyone to want to get photos in front of it. 🤣

·
Registered
211 Posts
My bad! Here is the video I had thought of.

That would be MY Jack-o-Lantern arch. Mine is the original. I built it back in 2010. There's 62 individually hand-carved Fun-Kins on it (some are on the back, out of view), and it stands 9'x9', has a PVC framework, and is synchronized to music, like you see in the video above. I did the animation, too. (It is not available)
The concept and design of the arch is by me and is 100% original. It took me about 5 months to build it. I did it without drawings or written plans of any kind. Each pumpkin is lit with one LED C-9 bulb. There are 15 sections of lights (7 on the left, 7 on the right, and one keystone in the middle.) The show is controlled by one 16-channel Light-o-Rama controller.

There have been MANY copycats out there who have likely taken inspiration from my arch or someone else that got inspiration from my arch, which I TOTALLY don't mind. I LOVE seeing the creativity of others. Heck, one guy even did a skull arch!

You can see some photos of how I built it, along with descriptions of the process on my Facebook page. Just click HERE.

And here's a video of our yard with all 130+ Jack-o-Lanterns that we put out for Halloween...

And if you want to add some AWESOME animations to your Halloween display that will make your home the COOLEST on the block, visit my website. TheSingingPumpkin.com

Any questions, please feel free to email me through my website.

Happy Haunting!
John
TheSingingPumpkin.com

·
Registered
79 Posts
These pumpkin arches are stellar! They feel so Tim Burton-esque. I feel like Disney did a version where it was a spiral tunnel of arches, probably at Disneyland Paris. I love the idea. Fantastic work!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Are you craving attention King? Haha Yes you did an amazing job. Very nice work. I should tell you that I did see pumpkin arches appearing before you built yours though so not sure if you're the original. Yours is the best I've soon so far though!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts