Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make a jack in the box to go with my other pneumatic props. I've looked around for plans, but can't find any. Does anyone know where I might find one?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here's an example but no plans jack in the box - HauntForum.com
Those are both exactly what I am looking for. I can make everything work, so I don't really need plans. The only thing I need to figure out is the lifting of the lid.

Is the head of the clown (or whatever) that is on top of the air cylinder attached to the lid as well? I'm trying to stay away from getting too complicated and expensive by using EFX, etc. Maybe if I put the head on the air cylinder and had it lift the lid as well, I could use a spring on the lid to close the lid and reset the prop. Does that make sense? LOL

Finally, can a 2 way solenoid be used for this, since gravity will be used to reset the air cylinder or do I need a 3 way valve?

Thanks a million for the help!!

·
Macho Nacho
859 Posts
Those are both exactly what I am looking for. I can make everything work, so I don't really need plans. The only thing I need to figure out is the lifting of the lid.

Is the head of the clown (or whatever) that is on top of the air cylinder attached to the lid as well? I'm trying to stay away from getting too complicated and expensive by using EFX, etc. Maybe if I put the head on the air cylinder and had it lift the lid as well, I could use a spring on the lid to close the lid and reset the prop. Does that make sense? LOL

Finally, can a 2 way solenoid be used for this, since gravity will be used to reset the air cylinder or do I need a 3 way valve?

Thanks a million for the help!!
I used 2 ways for one of my pop ups. But on on of them I had to put door
closer springs on it to close it.

·
Registered
591 Posts
attach a piece of surgical tubing or bungee cord to the lid and that would pull the lid down.cheap an simple.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
These work good, I use them and there very easy to program and there also stand alone. picoBoo FI-104 : Fright Ideas, Control the Fear
Thanks for the link!

On a side note, I'm travelling to Orlando this August, and was wondering where would be a good place to pick up some Halloween prop items, like cylinders, solenoids, etc. Any place you can think of, other than the flea markets on the 192?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
'll have to check them out.

In the meantime, a thought just occurred to me. Can I use one solenoid to control two cylinders simultaneously? Obviously, both cylinders would activate at the same time with the same pressure, but could it be done by splitting the line out from the solenoid?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've only ever used the ASCO Red Hat solenoids, and I currently cannot find any at a reasonable price. I did find these from one of the recommendations on this site, but I want to make sure that they are what I am going to need.

It looks like a regular 4 way solenoid valve to me, but the price seems a little low.

https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2009040917472459&item=4-16438&catname=air

It says in the description "Ports through Humphrey manifold" but the manifold is not included. Does that matter?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts