Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building a jack in the box and after testing it tonight for the first time on the Prop-1 and Ap-8 I was so excited I wanted to share.

The basic details are that the box is 38" x 38" and opens up to about 7 feet tall I still need to mount the head but you get the idea. Sorry for the bad sound the video is from my cellphone

YouTube - giant jack in the box

·
Registered
552 Posts
Are you going to put a spinning handle on it?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Looks great so far! I can't wait to see the finished product.

I'm also doing a jack in the box, just not nearly as large. Mine is modeled after the JITB in Nightmare Before Christmas. Orange box, corrugated piping for spring, pumpkin head (with strobe inside). I plan on making it (and other variations) funtional next year.

Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
348 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Please Mr. UFO8myCow post some pictures of the linkages and the cylinder placement. You're box is awesome and I would like to try to make my own for 2010.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Love the idea! Great action! I am going to be replacing some of my props this year so a JITB might be a good way to go. Your steel seems to come awful close to the front edge of the box, watch the way you mount your figure. And I 2nd the request for more pictures! What is opening the lid?

·
Registered
76 Posts
That looks great! The four-bar mechanism gets fairly close to the front of the box. Do you think you might have problems with the head hitting the front when it pops up?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Inquiring minds want to know! LOL...I'd love to see the progress on this one.

Dennis

·
Registered
179 Posts
I realize this is an old post, but I'll ask anyway!

I'd like to get a picture of the 4 bar linkage.

I'm trying to figure this out myself, but I don't want to "play" with my aluminum bar.

Is there any chance we could get a snapshot of the inside and the measurements on your linkage assembly?

Thanks a million!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts