Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting to do one the past couple of years and finally started on it yesterday. I have the shoulder frame put together but not yet glued. I still need to work on the head movement because it still looks up when I'm looking level. Overall I'm happy with the movement though. In the pictures I used a string to tie it around my waste which will be replaced with a belt. Next weekend I hope to start the shoulder/arms. Any advice/suggestions are welcome.

And a short video of the head movement.
YouTube - Stalkabout costume

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Using a camera tripod mount is brilliant! I need to scope out some tag sales. Great job on that!

Eric

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Matthew, that is brilliant. I cant believe how people come up with such simple and yet so effective ideasall the time, god i just love this forum. I really do learn something great every time i log in here. Once again great job.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys. And especially you halloweenbarb. I didn't even think of that. That will save me some time. If anybody is planing on building one of these I recommend having a second person measure the length from your helmet to the base of your head. I had to do it by myself and couldn't get an accurate measurement because I kept having to look up.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Thanks guys. And especially you halloweenbarb. I didn't even think of that. That will save me some time. If anybody is planing on building one of these I recommend having a second person measure the length from your helmet to the base of your head. I had to do it by myself and couldn't get an accurate measurement because I kept having to look up.
Well if you can get a general measurement you then can make a linkage of two pieces of all thread. Then put a turnbuckle in the center using a tube and two nuts welded on. that would then give you (depending on the size of the turnbuckle) anywhere from 2-8 inches of adjust-ability. Thats what I plan on doing atleast, just thought I would share.

·
Zombie Hunter
20,479 Posts
I used the tripod on mine and it worked very well.
A tip from me to you.Either have a friend OR a place to hang that thing because taking it on and off to use the restroom is a PITA when you are alone.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts