Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It just massively started snowing. We didn't think it would stick, but it is definitely sticking. Sigh. The weather is unseasonably cold right now, and will be through Halloween it looks like. Hope all my decorations will be okay. I moved my carving pumpkins into the garage, just to be safe, and some other stuff up against the house for now. I hope it quits soon. I will admit, it sure is a pretty, fluffy snow with the biggest snowflakes I've ever seen...but why can't it do this on Christmas instead of now?! Lol. I took some pics earlier, but since then, it's gotten thicker and is covering the ground much more now than when I took these. You can get an idea though. Crazy weather here! I hope it doesn't do this for ToT!!!!!!
DSCN7170 (500x343).jpg DSCN7179 (500x300).jpg DSCN7182 (500x363).jpg DSCN7184 (500x375).jpg DSCN7186 (500x339).jpg

·
Registered
680 Posts
personally I think the Halloween stuff looks awesome with snow.

The annoying thing is, will this happen on Christmas Eve....? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE No snow as far as the eye can see.

·
Spider Maven
1,468 Posts
Oh NOOO!!! I'm having flashbacks to that awful snow storm we had here in NJ 2 years ago. No TOT that year. Here's hoping it's here and gone by the weekend.

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
it was snowing south of me last friday. and im in kansas. it never snows this early here! hoping that means a snowy winter is on the horizon for us.....

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
personally I think the Halloween stuff looks awesome with snow.

The annoying thing is, will this happen on Christmas Eve....? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE No snow as far as the eye can see.
Yeah, my guess is that when we actually WANT a nice, pretty snow for Christmas Eve/Day, it'll be in the 60's or something!! That's how our weather is here...totally messed up.

·
Registered
276 Posts
WK--watch any trees that still have leaves on them carefully--when we had that big Halloween snowstorm two years ago we lost a number of trees and big branches because of the weight of the snow sticking to the leaves. It split some trees right in half. Trees here normally keep their leaves until sometime in November.

·
Witch of the Midwest!
912 Posts
arggggggggggggggg! we had some small hail here over the weekend. I am in Michigan. what part of the country are you in?

It just massively started snowing. We didn't think it would stick, but it is definitely sticking. Sigh. The weather is unseasonably cold right now, and will be through Halloween it looks like. Hope all my decorations will be okay. I moved my carving pumpkins into the garage, just to be safe, and some other stuff up against the house for now. I hope it quits soon. I will admit, it sure is a pretty, fluffy snow with the biggest snowflakes I've ever seen...but why can't it do this on Christmas instead of now?! Lol. I took some pics earlier, but since then, it's gotten thicker and is covering the ground much more now than when I took these. You can get an idea though. Crazy weather here! I hope it doesn't do this for ToT!!!!!!
View attachment 180828 View attachment 180829 View attachment 180830 View attachment 180831 View attachment 180832

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you should take some black and white pics to make into spooky posters for framing next year :cool:
I will probably keep the one I took of the gravestone and bones. Yeah, I may make it B&W and see how it looks. Might as well put this snow to some good use, lol. Most of my graveyard is done in grays and whites...so it's nearly invisible in the snow!! I took many of the orange pumpkins inside, so no color from those, either, until I put them back out.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
arggggggggggggggg! we had some small hail here over the weekend. I am in Michigan. what part of the country are you in?
Illinois. We've seen flurries and rain and snow in October before...but not usually a thick, sticking snow.

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts
I must be just east of you and it hasn't hit me yet, but I see it on the radar so I expect I'll see some of it later when I heading home from work.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WK--watch any trees that still have leaves on them carefully--when we had that big Halloween snowstorm two years ago we lost a number of trees and big branches because of the weight of the snow sticking to the leaves. It split some trees right in half. Trees here normally keep their leaves until sometime in November.
Yeah, the temps went up a tiny bit, so the snow has gone from big, fluffy snowflakes to heavy, wet ones...it's a mixture of snow and thick, wet slush all over right now. Very messy. We have thick bough, long needled pine trees, as you can see in the pics...so heavy, wet snow is a problem all through winter, as well. :(

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
60's here through the weekend then the temps drop huge on Monday and most likely snow during next week. We always get a good snow before Halloween...we got a light one earlier this month, but I'm beginning to think Mother Nature isn't counting that one.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I must be just east of you and it hasn't hit me yet, but I see it on the radar so I expect I'll see some of it later when I heading home from work.
We are southwest of you a bit. The weather channel said the temps would drop and it would hit the Chicago areas in about an hour...but I haven't checked recently to see if it's changed course or dissipated. Hopefully it'll ease off before it gets up by you...Chicago tends to get more accumulation from the lake effect.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts