Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's the 2nd, who is ready to put props up?

Okay I may be a day or to late but, what about everyone else? Did you/are you putting your stuff up today....if so show a picture!

·
Registered
378 Posts
I spent the last 3 days off putting mine up. I added a bunch new stuff this year so I figured I need to do it now to make it worth my time. Besides it is my favorite time of year. I will get some soon. I want some experienced opinions. My yard is already known for being the scary one on the block, but this year a added a pneumatic pop up and some other animated stuff we picked up last year for cheap.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Began the prop building this past weekend and here and there at night. Plan to put out some props in the yard this coming Sunday...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've been making a few props over the past couple of weekends and buying a few things here and there. I did a inventory check on all my items in the shed this past Sunday. Going to finish my wood props by friday and plan on starting putting the props and graveyard together this saturday.

·
I'll get you my pretty!
550 Posts
I'm itching to get started! but huppy has me on a leash till Sunday - then it's all go!

I have sneaked a couple of things up here & there & he's put up with that so far . . . . heheheheh
:p

·
Registered
309 Posts
Ready? Yes!
Doing it? No.

I *want* to SO bad but I have this weird thing about people seeing me put my stuff up. Coincidentally my neighbor directly across the street is getting a total yard make-over and she has like 8 guys out there working 9-6 for who knows how many more days, so they're really throwing me off.

I did manage to slip out there and hang my flying Angel of Death yesterday when they were at lunch. Heh. I'm sure they were like "wtf?!" when they got back.

And I hate to break it to my neighbor, but by the end of this week...it'll be all eyes on my yard, not her new spiffy beautiful one :cool:

·
Registered
354 Posts
I decorated the inside of my house Saturday, but it's not complete.

I'm still undecided about how much of my stuff to put outside now... I kind of want to go for the surprise factor (I'm in a new neighborhood with unsuspecting neighbors) and put it out right before the big day, but it's really getting to me having a yard void of Halloween goodness now that October is here =)

·
Haverghast Asylum warden.
799 Posts
I too do not like people watching me set up, so I put most of my stuff up at night, I'm sure that makes me look like a bigger wierdo LOL. The 16th, or 17th will be my night too start setup:D

·
Registered
284 Posts
Okay I may be a day or to late but, what about everyone else? Did you/are you putting your stuff up today....if so show a picture!
No pictures yet, but the first few stones went out around noon today. Plan is to put out a bit more every few days until Halloween when the real blitz hits. :)

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I put up my small village on the mantle, put up a lighted witch and ghost in different upstairs windows, motion witches in front window and a large pumpkin outside. I can't do anything else even though I'm SOOOO ready. We leave for Virginia on Sun. and will not be back until about the 12th. Then I can start putting out my stuff.

·
Registered
155 Posts
We started decorating the main floor on the weekend. Nothing goes up outside until just before Halloween. Too much theft around here.

·
Registered
354 Posts
No pictures yet, but the first few stones went out around noon today. Plan is to put out a bit more every few days until Halloween when the real blitz hits. :)

That's a good idea. Building up to the big night... I like that =)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Put some basic stuff out today.
A lighted "Welcome" arch with purple, orange lights and a glowing skull we added.
Corpse bride.
Little ghosts.
Pumpkins.
Eyes in the bushes.

Just basic stuff.
But once it gets closer, it will totally be ready.
Most of the stuff gets moved around, we love to suprise. :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
I can't decorate the outside of my house. I don't trust people around here. I had a little dog statue outside and someone snatched it, among other random things. I can't decorate the house because mommy dearest only likes cutesy Halloween decorations. I can't decorate my bedroom because, well, it's decorated for Halloween year-round. Heehee.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,689 Posts
Switched out the outside floodlights for green spots and the porch light for a purple bulb.

Webs go up this weekend, along with Bruce on the garage peak (see pic):

I have to wait for my hubby to do the high stuff and he works nights, so nothing big gets done until the weekend.
The graveyard and fence won't go up until probably the weekend after next, with our major props not going out until the day of...and I'm still working on our full size crypt (holy crap that thing is huge put together!) and flying crank ghost. (hope to have them both finished this weekend)

But we've started even if it's only little stuff!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts