Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad::mad::mad::mad:
There was a storm advisory out for my region, yep, I live in good ol North Dakota.
At least I havnt set my yard up yet, in fear this would happen this year. But I do have my deck "decked" out.
At least Ill be in my first haunt this year. I volunteered at our local rec center for the yearly haunted house.
I even got thee early enough and got on of the good rolls. Leatherface!
I guess Im going to be jumping out from behind a sliding metal door with a chainsaw. just like in the movie. Only thing that sucks is it has to be an electric chainsaw, not gas. And I was just given one from a fellow employee. I guess I can use it on Halloween, the haunt is the 29th and 30th. So I get three days of dressing up and scaring my little piggies!!!

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,875 Posts
Snow! Oh I miss snow! (and cold weather, and seasons, *sigh* :( )

Hope you get your own haunt set up to your liking - I know the snow isn't as nice for your plans! ;)

Have lots of fun with the professional haunt - that is very cool! :cool:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Snow and Winter = What we have to pay for after enjoying Autumn...

That "cold front" your talking about is sweeping across the country... I am ready for it, it was 75 and kind of humid here yesterday... It is supposed to push us down in the 50's in Iowa by like Wednesday...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yep, got record snow here in Boise on FRI and it lasted till SAT evening;(

I think the snow will actually look kinda cool for my shipwreck, i just don't want to have to put up the display in the snow, lol!

·
Registered
253 Posts
wow, sucks to be there!...its sunny, dry and shirt weather here in the Vancouver area...what boggles my mind is that lots of people get shocked when i tell them how it is around here as they assume that just because we are in Canada, we live in igloos or some thing...it's actually warmer up here than many of the eastern US states!

·
Super Moderator
5,670 Posts
4" so far out here in Utah, and still snowing.

This is sometihg of an anual storm, about 20 days till Halloween, we get hit with snow. I spent a few hours yesterday helping a neighbor pull their decorations out of the road due to the wind from the approaching storm. I haven't really started anything yet. Just the things I don't really care about.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Oh maaaaaan, send some my way, will ya? It's 75 degrees and sunny... I need some snow to keep those thieving little [email protected]%&ards inside and AWAY from my props!!
You have that problem too eh? We had a head stolen off of a ground breaker one year in Florida. Then we moved back to Michigan and last year we had no problems whatsoever. Now we are back in our old 'hood where we lived before moving to Florida, and a lot of the punk kids here suck. I can only put out half of our stuff (omitting the best props) directly in front of the house, and it has to be lit brightly at night, and I have to leave our bedroom window cracked at night so I can hear anything that might go on at night, or I KNOW something will happen. It's a damn shame.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Vancouver -- wow, i really would think your city's weather would be colder than here. Do you get snow there at all??

I'm a SoCal native, spent 3 years in Houston and am in my new state of IDAHO and LOOVE it, but i'm just not used to snow yet! I've never had snow on my bday OCT 10, and Boise hasn't either, it set a new record as the earliest snow here.

Temps will rise back up into 60s this week with lows in 40s -- which is perfect weather for me. i HATE heat and humidity and have had 40 years too much of it so snow's OK by me. Y'all can keep your 80 degree days in OCt, no problem!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Vancouver -- wow, i really would think your city's weather would be colder than here. Do you get snow there at all??

I'm a SoCal native, spent 3 years in Houston and am in my new state of IDAHO and LOOVE it, but i'm just not used to snow yet! I've never had snow on my bday OCT 10, and Boise hasn't either, it set a new record as the earliest snow here.

Temps will rise back up into 60s this week with lows in 40s -- which is perfect weather for me. i HATE heat and humidity and have had 40 years too much of it so snow's OK by me. Y'all can keep your 80 degree days in OCt, no problem!!
we get snow mabey 2 weeks out of the year...we are basically the california of Canada...it rains a bit here because of our mountains and coast...other than that, it never really gets too cold here in the winters (in comparison to many ofther places like your new one ;) !)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Cool, thx for the info! Vancouver sounds nice. And now that we're up here, my husband and i have a whole list of Canadian places we'd like to visit and Vancouver is now moving up on the list, lol

·
Registered
708 Posts
Woke up to a nice blanket of snow this morning. The kids loved it, according to them, all my props had white hair -should have taken pics-anyway supposed to be 30 degrees tonight:eek:

·
Horror off the Highway
1,795 Posts
SNOW??? Blech.......hate that white crap. We get enough of that here in Ontario. Luckily enough we've had extremely nice warm weather for thanksgiving this weekend. Beautiful and sunny and WARM.....yay!!!!:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts