Halloween Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Halloween is over and I am glad. For the last two days I have worked from sun up to past sundown getting everything ready. I just finished taking all of my stuff down and an now going to bed but putting up a post first. I had a great time tonight and my neighbors had a great time as well. My lava pit or opened up earth was a big hit along with the lightning machine and all of my other props. I could not have done it without the help of the people on this forum. You guys are all awesome, have a great weekend and dont eat to much candy : P

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi Dave,

think I'm feeling your pain, it takes a LOT of work,
but thinking about all the great comments last night - it's definitely worth it !

Can't wait to see some pics ! :)

Pax

·
Registered
393 Posts
I took yesterday off in order to get everything done and set up and felt anxious all day...I'm sure many of you can relate. It was a huge success. In fact, word got out and people lined the street in cars as they took photos and video. I couldn't have been happier with the compliments from every single person that came to the door, even though my fog chiller was a huge fail.

I'm glad it's over, however. I feel like I can finally relax for at least a little while until I start planning for next year! :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
It is over here too. The setup started yesterday morning until about 4:00pm. Trick and Treating started at 6:00pm, only about 20 kids until 7:00pm and then they hit the area. When all said and done, I had about 95 kids come through. The teardown started at 8:00pm and went until 10:00pm. Saturday morning I was out in the yard and it looked like nothing even happened. It only happend the 1 day of the year...

It was a very long day, and it seems longer and harder when you out there by yourself doing the set-up and tear-down. It is well worth the effort, because I made the day for 95 kids and parents.

Through our pain and suffering of getting the props made, set-up, and torn-down, It is the kids smiles that bring joy to our heart. It is for the kids, I keep telling myself (or is it for me)!

·
Registered
268 Posts
I tore mine down last night since my boys were with their biological father and hadn't seen it in action. Got almost everything done except disassembling the spider's legs when it started raining. Not keen on running a drill in the weather.

Here's to 2015!

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'm depressed it's over. It's the best time of the year! GET YOUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.