Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But not in a good way. You know that nightmare where you forget to put stuff up for Halloween?

I just realized that I'm making that nightmare come true. Not because I forgot really (although it did sneak up on me, I swear we had one more week)...but mostly because I was just so bummed that I can't go all out this year. Not long ago, I even considered not putting anything out at all, because of the theft issue we had two weeks ago.

Now I have two days left, and so much that I want to do, and so little time. It feels just like the dream when I remember at the last minute that I want to put some things out, and realize that I don't have much time, so I try to figure out in my head what's most important and "has to" go out. :p

Am I the only one going back and forth about what to do this late in the season?

·
Funeral Crasher
7,435 Posts
Even when I plan ahead, I never get everything finished and put out that I want to.
I would just do what you are doing--put out the props you think are most important. Whoever comes to your house will be happy to see whatever you do.
Plus, next year when you resurrect the decorations you didn't put out this year, it will all seem new to everyone!

Good luck to you!

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I brought out a few things this morning, because the weather is so good today. I carefully planned how many things to put out. Then this weird body-changing sensation came over me, and suddenly, all of my tombstones were on the porch, and I was planning "bodies"...

I can't put all of the bodies out, because some of them are missing (still in storage out of state). I do think I'll put the witch up, the GITD ghost's cheesecloth is in the RIT bucket as I type, and I'm having a hard time deciding whether or not to put up the 12 ft ghoul (which requires me climbing out a window and stepping out onto the mostly level porch roof), the 7 ft reaper, and piecing together a few more Bluckys to strew about the cemetery. Then there's the faceless ghoul, and the GITD screaming ghoul...

It's only an obsession if you don't know when to stop, right? Um...wait a minute...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts