Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally had most of the 2013 Canyon Trail Cemetery display set up and operating Saturday night just in time for a group of neighborhood children to stop by and check us out. My wife was filming some of the props and was able to catch the reactions. Some great reactions - I think they liked it!

50 years from now, they aren't going to talk about me at work and tell tales of the great conference calls I ran, but some of these kids will tell their children and grandchildren about this really spooky house when they were growing up.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,469 Posts
...and that's what Halloween is all about, Charlie Brown!
Priceless! You're right, those kids will remember you and your house long into their adult years! Well done!

·
>^..^<
792 Posts
Love the little Batman pretending to karate chop the monsters. And all the cute things the kids say.

(Think my favorite is when the little girl screams - "Oh - the phone's ringing!")

They are definitely enjoying every bit of your yard!

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
Boy, that's an elaborate set-up, kudos. You are right on the money about the memories the kids will have. Something about being scared connects with us on a visceral level and the memories never fade. We started haunting in the mid-80's and my own kids, now 35 and 33, still sometimes meet up with somebody from the old neighbourhood, and those "kids" invariably bring up the Haunted House.... After almost 30 years.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I think that kid had to keep repeating that so he wouldn't show how scared he was! LOL! Love the little guy already wearing his costume around.
Thanks for sharing!!!!

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
you're right about them remembering your house and talking about it well into their adult years. i love halloween so much because my brothers childhood best friends house on halloween night. and their display wasnt anywhere near as elaborate as yours is. they were my inspiration for haunting my yard, wich is just a basic cemetery.... but the kids loved it last year.

those were some pretty cute reactions.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I think that kid had to keep repeating that so he wouldn't show how scared he was! LOL! Love the little guy already wearing his costume around.
Thanks for sharing!!!!
He kept saying "Get behind me, I'll protect you" but he let out a couple screams. LOL!

Great set up. Those kids will remember your house for years and when they have kids of their own they'll talk about what a cool neighbor they had growing up.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Great job!! Really awesome! Thanks for sharing the video...those little ones brought a smile to my face...too cute!! :)

·
Imitation Imagineer
1,099 Posts
50 years from now, they aren't going to talk about me at work and tell tales of the great conference calls I ran, but some of these kids will tell their children and grandchildren about this really spooky house when they were growing up.
That ^ is pure, unvarnished, truth.

I couldn't agree more. I do put a lot of effort into things like hosting conference calls, and making pretty spreadsheets, but just effort; never my heart and soul. I reserve that for stuff just like this. :)

Nice work!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Your have so many different great props in your yard. While those kids were so fascinated by them someone should have come up behind them and grabbed their shoulder. Now that would have been funny.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Wow what a great set up love all the animation in the yard. You have so many props stuffed in there it looks awesome. Whats the coffin on the left though? The lid was up and almost looked like a work box.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
22 Participants
mystic manor
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing