Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My costume is almost done but I feel like I have so much to do yet and I just found out I am going to lose Sunday because my husband made plans without telling me.

*runs around screaming*

Are YOU ready?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Actually, I am not feeling the pressure this year which might be a fool's paradise. But with Halloween on Saturday, it just feels like you have more time. If Halloween was this Thursday, then I would be stressing a little. Plus, for the first time in years, I got rained out last Halloween. That turned out to be a good thing. It gave me perspective to not get all worked up about your haunt. That life still goes on and that there will always be next year. :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
I thought i'd started thinking about it way too early and now I feel like i've hardly done anything. I think I have ideas of where the rest of the stuff is going, and what ym costume is gonna look like... but i've not had a trial run, so it could all go very wrong. I just hope the party goes well and the place looks good :D Been enjoying watching Horror films as well... but it's not like we need an excuse for that.

·
Registered
662 Posts
As ready as I can be. I've scaled back a lot this year so that's helping. The backyard is decorated, while the front just has lights.

I may put some things out, but we are having a party so I mostly have the inside and backyard done. It really seems to be working out better because I am not stressed over taking everything down Halloween night.

I have the graveyard boxes out and the ghosts. So I will just put a few out in the front. It looks creepy.

This way I can enjoy the party.

And of course I have the candy and toys for the ToT'ers

And lots of Vincent Price movies!

·
livin Halloween every day
1,988 Posts
I found out this year that once again....I am full of excriment! I always start early....way early and set a deadline of October 1st to have everything ready to go. Well, once again, Not even close.....thus full of excriment! I have only made my goal one time by the way, and that was because I had a 5 month layoff from work. There are so many fun things to do in October, and I try to spend mine with everyone I can and it makes it hard. My party and display just keeps getting bigger and the help keeps dwindling away, so I keep working harder and harder. I WILL NOT stop! I love it way too much. What does not kill you makes you stronger, and boy....am I getting Strong!!

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
The yard is done, candy is purchased, and according to NWS, we'll most likely have rain all day. Oh well. We haven't been rained out on Halloween since 2002 so I guess we had it coming.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

SO much to do! Since I decorate "the day of" there isn't a lot that can be done ahead of time. So today, it's all about finding ALL the pieces to my costume (Evil Clown) and prepping the grab bag fish pond the TOTs will draw their treats from this year. I'll also try to prep and stage some electrics and lights. The "Big Push" will take place on Wednesday and TOT here is on Thursday.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I got my outdoor decorating done yesterday, it is very minimal this year, but it is done and I feel accomplished! My costume?? So not done! I need to get some more items and aim to finish it Tuesday. We have Thursday night and Friday night trick or treating in different neighborhoods, so I gotta wrap it up!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Not ready at all this year!!! Some lights are up in my yard and the tombstones are out but thats about it so far lol Looks like I will be working on outdoor stuff tomorrow. I can't believe its only a week away!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Nope, not ready here! Yikes! We started earlier this year because trying to get things done with two little kiddos is like herding cats. Thank goodness we did start early, because we'd be even further behind if we didn't!

Honestly, I think I always feel like we're behind, because we have al of stuff we don't or can't set up until Halloween. We're using our driveway more this year in our display, and we won't decorate that or move the cars until the day of. And, we don't put out a lot of electronic stuff & dummies until Halloween either. So, we never really can "finish" our list until late anyway. But this year, I'm hosting a playdate this Thursday, so I want the house really set up early and it's not there yet. AHHHH!

Gotta get a fire burning under my rear!

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'm ready. Party was last weekend, so don't have to worry about that anymore. Candy for ToTs is bought, costume for handing out candy is set, otherwise, I actually have to catch up on my homework! I procrastinated badddd, and need to finish my first weeks stuff by tomorrow.

After THAT, I can focus on Geeks Who Drink Walking Dead Trivia, which is Wednesday! Might dress up a bit for that, but I'm pretty excited :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
All day Halloween prep tomorrow. We usually have everything up first week of Oct. This year thrown off track by wife's health issues and working out of town most of the month.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I am sooooo ready for Saturday. I've spent the last two nights testing props, correcting props, re-arranging props, fixing drinks to curb that nervous feeling I get wanting to make sure everything will work the 31st. My problem, rain is forecast Tuesday thru Thursday which give me one night to set everything back up, ARG !

1 - 20 of 21 Posts