Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
......for the most part.

The soundtrack for my haunt is complete! Just a little tweak or two and it'll be no kidding ready! Some of the bass needs work, as some screams and animals are setting off the lightning box.

But, I couldn't help but share. I used Audacity to make it using I don't know HOW many clips I've gotten from various folks over the last year, so I'm sorry I can't give credit where credit is due. Needless to say, if you recognize something you've posted, THANK YOU! Even my wife likes it! And she's a XMAS person!

Here it is, and please tell me what you think.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/okm15ik2t5y/Cemetery 2008.mp3

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very nice! I lost a similar track I had made up to a drive failure earlier this year, I now how much work it is.

I love the changes in the audio scene as the track progresses. So many just play disconnected scary sounds. Yours puts clips together to make credible scenarios for the listener. I think that's so much more effective for a true haunt.

FYI, on my sound system some of the thunderclaps are too loud relative to the ambient noise and cause distortion if I have the volume up high enough for the other effects to be heard.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Cool stuff. The thunder claps are a little loud making the speakers distort but I tried turning down the bass and it helped alot. Thanks for posting it.
Keven

·
Registered
28 Posts
JLB I love the sound track... I am having my first ever haunted house, I would like to ask for premission to use your sounds in my haunt?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JLB I love the sound track... I am having my first ever haunted house, I would like to ask for premission to use your sounds in my haunt?
by all means, go right ahead.
as far as the bass output, i should have mentioned that some of the thunder tracks are jacked up and going to a single output for my lightning fx box.
when i converted it to an mp3, it combined all the tracks.
if anyone who uses audacity would like the original file, drop me a pm and i'll send you a link.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I use audacity for all my musical recordings. It is a great and simple piece of software. Next year I hope to have my Halloween Rock project finished. Im doing all the recording through Audacity.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thank you!
I am still new to how I am to get it on my computer to make a cd of it and I am not even sure that can be done?. Everyone here at home has listened to it and thinks it would be a great use in our haunt.

I have a guy that is going to try and file it for me and make it work on our mp3 but I would like for him to burn it to a cd if he can tomorrow.
I will let you know how it goes, and thanks again for the perfect fit for our haunt. :) :)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I've just downloaded Audacity but haven't had the chance to play with it, let alone create something... You saved my butt!! ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Great Job!
Pit, any burning software will have the capability to burn the MP3's as an audio CD making it compatible with any cd player, computer/laptop, Stereo, car sound system.

Thank you,
My friend left and went back home to the uk and I was unable to get him to do this before he left. I am going to give it a try today myself. I would like to have it for this weekend forsure.

Thanks for the information!!

·
Forbidden Cryptkeeper
2,188 Posts
Just make sure your blank CD is for Audio or Music. Many CD Players won't accept a CD-R unless it is the audio type.

Dave

Great Job!
Pit, any burning software will have the capability to burn the MP3's as an audio CD making it compatible with any cd player, computer/laptop, Stereo, car sound system.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts