Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While making the rounds for Christmas stuff I came across several Halloween Items. The first is a Halloween themed monopoly game, I don’t recall ever seeing this version before. I also found several packs of Bicycle brand zombie playing cards and a 3-disc Halloween music CD on clearance. Nothing like sipping a cup of hot chocolate while listening to hours of Halloween themed music while the snow falls outside.

DSC03733.JPG

DSC03734.JPG

bicycle-zombies.jpg

·
Registered
122 Posts
While making the rounds for Christmas stuff I came across several Halloween Items. The first is a Halloween themed monopoly game, I don’t recall ever seeing this version before. I also found several packs of Bicycle brand zombie playing cards and a 3-disc Halloween music CD on clearance. Nothing like sipping a cup of hot chocolate while listening to hours of Halloween themed music while the snow falls outside.

View attachment 727146

View attachment 727147

View attachment 727148
Awesome finds. I love searching for the Halloween clearance. Getting 100s of dollars worth of products 4 pennies on the dollar!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was skeptical about the music selection on the Halloween CDs as I simply loathe traditional musings (ghostbusters, thriller, etc…). However this music collection had a lot of old, hard to find recordings by the likes of Bobby “Boris” Pickett, Sheb Wooley, and some great specialty bands from the 50’s and 60’s like The Creeps, The Zanies and Curtis and the Creepers (music with soul). I did finally get around to pulling out the Boooo-opoly game. Nothing like inviting some friends over and playing a Halloween themed board game by candle light (autumn sage) with dark winter (gothic style) Christmas music playing softly in the background. It makes the transition from autumn to winter a little more tolerable.

·
Registered
122 Posts

View attachment 727146

View attachment 727147

View attachment 727148
Awesome finds. I love searching for the Halloween clearance. Getting 100s of dollars worth of products 4 pennies on the dollar!

Sounds like a great night. Did the boo openly play like regular monopoly. Oh I bet it was fun. Now I want one!

·
Registered
374 Posts
I was on my way to Walmart earlier today, because I'm a flaming idiot. I actually turned right around after being in there for all of five minutes. But that's neither here nor there. It was the Halloween sighting on the way there that's worth noting:

I spotted a house that still had their October hay-bales, pumpkins and full-size skeleton on the small porch. That's Halloween with an attitude when everyone else is hanging their holiday lights and wreathes. 🦇

·
Registered
511 Posts
I was on my way to Walmart earlier today, because I'm a flaming idiot. I actually turned right around after being in there for all of five minutes. But that's neither here nor there. It was the Halloween sighting on the way there that's worth noting:

I spotted a house that still had their October hay-bales, pumpkins and full-size skeleton on the small porch. That's Halloween with an attitude when everyone else is hanging their holiday lights and wreathes. 🦇
I noticed a house up the street from me still has a pumpkin on their porch. Made me wish I hadn't carved all of mine. Next year! And I know what you mean- I went to Walmart on Monday and it was a madhouse! Online shopping is the way to go!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not to get too far off from the original topic of this post - I do enjoy seeing the "mesh-up" of Halloween and Christmas. I typically install an old-world German/European style Christmas display with a very traditional (vintage) St. Nicholas. For quite some time I have been yearning to install a traditional (tasteful) St. Nicholas / Krampus display in my front yard (see photos) yet I'm not sure how my neighbors would perceive it. For those that are not familiar with Krampus he is the counterpart to St. Nicholas who appears on the eve of December 5th to punish those who have been "naughty". The proceeding morning of December 6th is when St. Nicholas appears to reward those who have been good and faithful. This is known as the Feast of St. Nicholas. I think I might try putting the display out Dec 5/6 and then switching to a more "standard" display for the remaining part of the season.

Krampus 02.jpg

Krampus x02.jpg

Krampus 01.jpg

I had to include this one, notice the little girl smiling dressed as an angle

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have been very naughty this year so I decided to Trick 'r Treat myself. I saw this back in October and wanted to buy it but thought that it was overpriced. I just saw it again mixed in with all the Christmas merchandise and thought "I need to give Sam a home".

xmas-01.jpg

xmas-02.jpg

I really want to open the box and play "terrorize the elf on the shelf" but that would devalue its collectibility and my sanity.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts