Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Hahaha.

I'm about as ready as I can be, all that I have left to do is hook up the fog machine to the cauldron and set out the speakers with the MP3 player so it sounds like the witches are chanting and cackling around the cauldron. Still dealing with some wind and had a bit of snow and rain yesterday and this morning, but thankfully the wind is not as bad as it has been. Fingers crossed that Mother Nature plays nice. The forecast is showing a fairly decent Halloween night. Well what we would consider decent in WY anyways.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I might not do any more than I already have. Looks like there might be rain tomorrow night. Adding some cobwebs and more bones to the cemetery would be nice, tho....

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
One more Sentinel to put out, install the motor for one animatronic, erect five prefabricated wall panels, minor touch-up on two costumes, carve 4 Jacks and, tonight after dark, fine tune the Laser Vortex and fog machine. I'll probably leave work couple hours early tomorrow...

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Nowhere near ready. But i did score 75 lbs. of dry ice for FREE!

Haunted FISH POND!

It's going to be c-c-c-cold tomorrow (42F) and I'll be set up outside. Brrrr! Most things are staged- but won't go into place until tomorrow. Sighting in my last two projections tonight. I'll get up at 5AM and have at it until 4PM- then it's all about costume, turning everything on, and getting the fishpond set,

Go time is 6PM.

·
The Haunting Girl
863 Posts
The wind finally died down enough to put the tombstones back out along with some other decorations. I still haven't tested the foggers... I'm running all over trying to figure what I can do at this point. I've given up on getting some things out this year and just trying to focus on what is going to be the least amount of effort for the biggest impact. Costumes are set up, makeup finally arrived today, and I still have no idea what we're going to eat tomorrow...

Can I just get another day?

·
Registered
666 Posts
No!!! I was out of town for four days thru yesterday. I left just after a major windstorm, and arrived just before another (suburban Boston) so the bones of my haunt were wrecked twice. Now I have one hand useless and in a splint. I just went outside to plug in a cord and was defeated by its spring loaded cover. I can't even plug in a cord. I am completely screwed.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Well that was not fun. I was doing a final lighting and sound test, making sure nothing got blown around in the wind, when I discovered that my green fire and ice bulb that lit up the candy table was dead. It was spinning, but no light. So I got to drive to every store in town and nobody had anything. Yesterday, Big Lots had a couple and I seriously thought that for $10, I should just get them but I didn't and now I'm kicking myself. They had nada. Neither did Walgreens, Target, Home Depot or Lowes. Finally, I said I've got to have something and was going to get another of those LED floodlights at Walmart because when we were there yesterday, they were completely wiped, but when I got there, they had one single green fire and ice. Mine! So the lighting is back. We had to have something because nobody would have known where to go for candy!

So back to being done.

·
Mad Monster Maker
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've got the big stuff done today...the cemetery pillars and fence, the giant spider and web, and other extraneous stuff. All I have to do tomorrow is set up the tombstones, the cauldron creep, and lights. This will be the first Halloween in a long time that I'll have some idle time before ToTs arrive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts