Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The week after Halloween I had a cold I caught at the party.

This past week is was so cold I couldn't bring stuff in without it cracking.

I hope I can get it done this coming week or we are looking at a Thanksgicing takedown.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I own zero santa hats. The only thing I would even consider doing that with is my Discworld Death but as he is 9 feet tall I'd have to sew him a santa outfit and I am not doing that.

·
Registered
508 Posts
weather never seems to want to cooperate with our plans! I have been there before in fact one year I didnt get stuff down until december! Hope your getting over your uninvited party guest & get lucky with an unexpected mild heatwave!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
You made me realize I found that one decoration we always forget, it's a string of pumpkin lights over my sink.

Weather is the bane of our Halloween lives isn't it? It ruined Halloween this year for a lot of folks.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You made me realize I found that one decoration we always forget, it's a string of pumpkin lights over my sink.

Weather is the bane of our Halloween lives isn't it? It ruined Halloween this year for a lot of folks.
My first thought was "why would you take pumpkin lights out of the kitchen?" Thebn again my kitchen is Halloween year round.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Much of my stuff is still up too, though my only excuse is laziness. At least you've got some way better reasons why yours isn't put away yet.

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,745 Posts
My first thought was "why would you take pumpkin lights out of the kitchen?" Thebn again my kitchen is Halloween year round.
Nothing wrong with that. Funny because I am the full time Halloween’er in our relationship, but my wife starting buying Halloween prints a couple of years ago and now they are displayed year round in our kitchen.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
STILL UP.

Was sick this weekend. Then i had daywalker crap to do today so I am hoping to get the garage sorted starting tomorrow. Then once the rain dries up next week maybe start tear down.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I still have fencing and a few other things on my porch. The rest of it was finally taken down and packed away this past weekend. My Christmas tree is still in its box in the corner of the living room which will make setting it up again a breeze 😄 My husband had 2 back surgeries this past year so he was not able to assist me with putting stuff back in the attic. Oh well, life is too short to sweat the small stuff!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm still packing the heinous mess that is in our basement -- we had really strong winds and so most of our props were just tossed into the basement when the storms hit. Kiddo is coming home from school this weekend so I've got to step it up today and tomorrow to shift to Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For those of you playing at home... STILL UP!!!

Rain for the next week except possibly 2 days. This is not going well.

·
Registered
567 Posts
My dinosaur is still up by the back door. We just finished putting everything else away yesterday. The dinosaur is bothering my husband, but I sorta like seeing him outside the kitchen window.
It really sucks to be sick when you feel you need to get a lot done.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I’ve seriously considered making a Santa hat for the giant spider. Because going to the store and buying the fabric, coming home, cutting it out, & sewing it sounds like considerably less energy and warmer than the alternative. Plus, someone will get a laugh out of it. -And- worst case scenario, I won’t have to struggle to put it back together next year.

·
Registered
354 Posts
My dinosaur is still up by the back door. We just finished putting everything else away yesterday. The dinosaur is bothering my husband, but I sorta like seeing him outside the kitchen window.
It really sucks to be sick when you feel you need to get a lot done.
Know that feeling. STILL have Halloween stuff laying around, waiting to be properly put away due to picking up a crappy virus that's blazing through the whole town down here.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was going to start bringing it in tonight, then my back went out.

Is this the last year I do Halloween?

I am starting to wonder.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts