Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ever since I saw CycloneJacks "swaying ghoul-zombie", I was hooked and knew what to do with the head and hands I had ordered back around x-mass. Well here he is "Big Ed" I call him, at 7 ft he is quite intimidating. I still have a little tweaking to do but my pwm came in to day so I had to take him for a test run.
image.jpg
I took a little different route when it came to the mech, the concept is the same but I just went about it slightly different, I started with 2in caster
image.jpg
Then I bored it out in the center so I could fit a 3/4 in aluminum pipe thru the middle
image.jpg
Now I took my router and created the pocket for the ball to swivel in, right away I noticed it wanted to spin so I added a dog bone using a couple of retainer pins and some plastic bushings
image.jpg
(Router work not my best but it will do)
The frame work is pretty much the same (or similar) to everyone else's, to flesh out the upper torso I took some PVC strips and formed a rib cage
(Not anatomically correct)
image.jpg
Now I covered that with a heavy duty trash bag and used a heat gun to shrink it around the form
image.jpg
And here is the mech in action
I hope I did it justice

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
ahh that's is awesome I love the mask you used as well, maybe if your not busy would you make a how to or how to video?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Wish I had thought of a caster. I wired my spine pvc to the actual motor, so basically my motor "pulls" unstead of the riding motion everyone else has. Works well enough Cyclone Jack was most gracious when I showed him mine at the MNT.

Are Big Ed's hands oversized? Biggest problem I am having is finding hands I like, the gloves range from large to ridiculous. Might strip the hands off an old spirit prop I have, so far mine is wearing some driving gloves with a jacket. Been looking for a driving hat as well. :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wish I had thought of a caster. I wired my spine pvc to the actual motor, so basically my motor "pulls" unstead of the riding motion everyone else has. Works well enough Cyclone Jack was most gracious when I showed him mine at the MNT.

Are Big Ed's hands oversized? Biggest problem I am having is finding hands I like, the gloves range from large to ridiculous. Might strip the hands off an old spirit prop I have, so far mine is wearing some driving gloves with a jacket. Been looking for a driving hat as well. :)
Yes the hands are over sized, but so is the head so I made him 7ft th compensate plus it makes him quite intimidating

·
Registered
178 Posts
I found the oversized head from the mask effect less jarring than the gloves. When I made mine larger, started to have issues with it staying together. At 6' mine is ok, still looking for a better hand choice.... :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Found a nice looking adult female static zombie at spirit last night. If I can grab it on clearance or with the 50% coupon, it will become a new animatronic zombie. Maybe another swaying one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts