Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Potions Master
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So gutted that i can't do anything for Halloween this year!

I'm heading to an Ed Sheeran concert which is on Halloween night. I'm looking forward to it and i know it will be brilliant but i'm gonna be thinking of all my halloween decorations which are sitting in the attic :(

Is anyone else not able to do anything for the ToTers this year? And do you think i should just place a bowl of candy outside and say just take one, or does that not really work?

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,609 Posts
You can still decorate for yourself! I decorate for Halloween the last weekend of September, that way I, and the neighbors/people driving by, can enjoy the decorations all month long. As for leaving a bowl of candy...I haven't tried that, myself, but around here, I don't think that'd work too well, lol. Have fun at the concert...I love Ed Sheeran!!!!

·
Potions Master
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I know he will be amazing!

I live in the UK and its such a bummer because lots of Brits aren't as in to Halloween as y'all over there! Mostly everybody decorates the day before Halloween which is such a shame because we hardly get to enjoy it all!

i might just end up decorating the inside... just for me ;) I can't leave my decorations up in the attic for more than a year! That just wouldn't be right ;)

·
Registered
188 Posts
I always decorate for myself every year since I live in a college town on a street where, as far as I know, there's never been a single TOT. :( It's totally worth it though. Even if you're the only one who will get to see your decorations, it's still a joyful touch of the Halloween spirit that you would likely miss otherwise. That way, you can rock out at the concert and then return home to your own personal mini haunt!

·
AKA - S.M. Barrett
1,084 Posts
Halloween is not just a night of trick-or-treaters, it's a seasonal thing. Most of us have a little Halloween every day in October, especially in the last two weeks.

The advice given here is excellent - have a party the weekend before, and have a carved turnip waiting for you when you get home (I say that because the old school jack o' lantern is cool, and I know many people in Scotland, Ireland and Man still use turnips Halloween night).
Enjoy a few pieces of candy for dessert. It's a Friday night this year, share a few ghost stories with friends at the pub over a spiced cider before retiring for the night, or have them over after the concert for mulled cider and a few spooky tales by candlelight.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,521 Posts
I agree with the "decorate inside" comments. You could also go to the concert in costume.

I've left out bowls of candy before & actually had some left at the end of the night but just be warned, there's a chance the first older kids that find it will take it all, but since you won't be there you won't know anyway & at least someone else will get the candy.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,521 Posts
I'd totally miss Halloween for certain band but it'd be a tough call. Like if RCPM were playing here on Halloween....I dunno....I'd have to think about it. I haven't seen them this year for the new album & at this rate they may actually be here at that time of year. If I went I'd certainly dress up.

Plus you gotta remember that he's in England & Halloween isn't nearly as big over there as it is here.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Okay... you have to still decorate!

I sympathize with you... I love concerts and if it was truly one of my faves that I rarely get to see... I'd probably go!

But you'll be home by midnight probably!

Decorate your house, throw on a scary movie when you get home and eat some candy!

·
Registered
5 Posts
So gutted that i can't do anything for Halloween this year!

I'm heading to an Ed Sheeran concert which is on Halloween night. I'm looking forward to it and i know it will be brilliant but i'm gonna be thinking of all my halloween decorations which are sitting in the attic :(

Is anyone else not able to do anything for the ToTers this year? And do you think i should just place a bowl of candy outside and say just take one, or does that not really work?
You could always see if the next door neighbor could hand out your candy along with theirs.

·
Registered
276 Posts
When we have needed to not be home for Halloween I have left out candy--I do not know how it went, but I do know that it was gone when we returned so I like to think that whoever needed the candy received it....at least I know we tried.

·
Registered
331 Posts
You're going to bail out on Halloween for a concert? Really?
That was my first thought too, LOL! I could never... Well, unless I lived somewhere that I got no TOT's, like...none. Like...I lived in the middle of the woods and no one so much as even drove by my house.

But anyway, there's lots of great suggestions here and I agree with everyone who said that it's the season. The whole season. Halloween isn't just one day. To me it's an entire month. You could do something Halloween-ish every day, even something as small as watching a few of your favorite horror movies one night, baking pumpkin spice muffins and sipping on warm cider, going for a walk in a park with lots of colorful trees to admire, or throwing a little pumpkin carving party for you and your friends.

Don't miss out on the high holiday altogether just because of the concert on Halloween night. It's too tragic, I can't even think about it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Ed Sheeran on Halloween? Good music is NEVER wrong. That being said, I agree with the previous posters that you can bring the feel of Halloween indoors to surround you in the season. Have fun with it and enjoy your concert.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts