Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it finally happened...I've been beaten, Upstaged, Shunned, etc!
I no longer will be known as the "that house" every Halloween. Some new neighbors have come into the area and totally whipped my setup!

Now what? :confused:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Pffffffttt......that's just motivation to STEP IT UP. My one neighbor did ok xmas decs all the time till I did our house and smoked em. The yr after he took it up a notch and I was like...ok BRING IT lol......and...I....smoked em lol....a little Tim the Toolman Tailor competitiveness is always good ;-)

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,362 Posts
Hallow and you know what they say: The More -- The Scarier!!!

I agree - share the fun and slowly reel them in to your spider web of terror. :eek: Besides - you can still be THE HOUSE - - Host the After-Life party and invite the neighborhood for one last BOO at your place for one hour after the treat time is officially over! Hospitality trumps all!
BOO!

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
some of the comments on here are great!

It's only speculation and at this point. They haven't set much out. OR They might have set everything out...I don't really know. Im just assuming their display will own mine. But it may not! Besides competion is always welcome!

If their setup does whip mine, I'll just have to UP it! no biggie. I Just wanted to see what others on here had to say!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I vote for comparison photos!

I'm the upstager on my block. My neighbor still whips me on Halloween night because he has a couple of people in costume to scare the kids, but last year was the inaugural year of my FCG and we've bever looked back. Yes, a little competition benefits the whole neighborhood!

·
Halloween AA Member
1,183 Posts
When I moved into my first house the lady across the street went all out. I was very new to outdoor decorating since this was my first home. All the neighbors thought that we would compete. I just loved seeing another house that went all out. But deep down I wanted to be better.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Of course you know this means WAR. You are just going to have to dig up real dead bodies or make friends at the funeral home that is all there is to it.

Seriously what all do yo have maybe there are some low cost things someone could suggest.

·
Registered
350 Posts
*another vote for dead bodies....* you'd trump them!:cool:

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
It's time to get send the spies out to know what they are doing ahead of time so you can be one move ahead. The kids in your neighborhood just got luckier to have two great places to ToT.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts