Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently purchased a house with a large oak tree in front. I am expanding my cemetary this year and will be using some fog machines and AtmosFX. However, I am at a lost at what to put around the tree. I personally don't like the witches or ghosts in a circle you see everywhere.

Just looking for some brainstorming....

TIA!
--Jason

·
Clarification: Not A Man
1,184 Posts
Blinking eyes in the darkness above the branches? That only really works if you still have leaves on Halloween.
If dollar stores still sell cheapo black bird decorations, raid every store in your local area and deck the tree with them. String up a couple hidden speakers playing crow noises. If you play friendly crow sounds, you might get some real crows to visit.
A fake pit opening up at the base, a gateway to the netherworld or some ancient portal of the undead.
Not necessarily ghosts, use fishing line to hang slow blinking led balls loosely wrapped in tulle to make will o' wisps. You can space them out along the branches so they look like they're sitting in various places.
If you or someone helping out has some sculpting skill, make a fake face that mostly blends into the bark, like it looks like the bark peeled away to reveal a face and set it up with a recording or a mic to make it talk and say spooky stuff.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have a couple of oaks as well; don't you just love how the branches are twisted and gnarled. In the past I have just hung various props (bats, small reapers, skeleton spiders, etc.) from the branches. However in the future I would love to actually transform them into props (see attached photo of "soul tree" - it reminds me of the tree in the movie Sleepy Hollow were the headless horseman stored all the heads).

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts