Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ISO Gemmy LifeSize Crypt Keeper (Tales From The Crypt) prop from 1996.. (looks like the one in the photo)

Looking for one in working condition that comes with original cassette tapes near PA, NY, NJ, MD or DE unless willing to ship. If you know of any or have one, please let me know! Thanks!

·
Registered
395 Posts
i assume you are aware of the E-bay listing for NJ at $1950.
I believe these are on the top 10 list of most desired Halloween items.

·
Registered
109 Posts
ISO Gemmy LifeSize Crypt Keeper (Tales From The Crypt) prop from 1996.. (looks like the one in the photo) View attachment 744977
Looking for one in working condition that comes with original cassette tapes near PA, NY, NJ, or DE. If you know of any or have one, please let me know! Thanks!
Ebay is going to be your best bet. Put a permanent search for it on Ebay so that Ebay emails you as soon as an item is listed. Sometimes you can get this guy for a lot less than $1,950.00

·
Registered
109 Posts
I purchased a non gemmy one from midnight studio it’s 4.5 ft tall on a steel frame for under 700 no soundtrack tho but super excited to get mine.
Does anybody know what the original sale price was for the gemmy one?
[/QU
  • He was made exclusively by Gemmy for Spencer's as a window display and was sold later on for $399.99.

OTE]

·
Registered
624 Posts
I purchased a non gemmy one from midnight studio it’s 4.5 ft tall on a steel frame for under 700 no soundtrack tho but super excited to get mine.
Does anybody know what the original sale price was for the gemmy one?
$400

·
crossfit zombie
7,617 Posts
$400
It retailed for 400?

·
Registered
624 Posts
It retailed for 400?
Yes, animatronic retail life sizes were a new concept back then and not cheap. The 1994 Gemmy life size witch retailed for the same price.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i assume you are aware of the E-bay listing for NJ at $1950.
I believe these are on the top 10 list of most desired Halloween items.
Yes, I did see it. It actually was initially at $1750 when I first saw it and then it went up like crazy. I have seen others a couple hundred $ less than that so figured I’d check!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ebay is going to be your best bet. Put a permanent search for it on Ebay so that Ebay emails you as soon as an item is listed. Sometimes you can get this guy for a lot less than $1,950.00
I’ve seen a few sell for $1k or a little over in the last year so hopefully one exists out there. But thank you, I will definitely do that!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Most have joints broken, Kentucky Special FX has done repairs and even updating to cd players.
i almost sent mine there, but the freight there and back scared me.
I would assume they'd do a thumb drive player, now?
The problem with the rare or expensive props, is the threat of damage or walking away.
Jerseyscare

1 - 18 of 18 Posts