Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because that was always what you ended up with when they Traded with you. My Favorite Halloween Candy is Smarties, What Is Yours?

·
Registered
50 Posts
As a kid I always liked the Palmer peanut butter chocolates with the Halloween print foil on it. I've always thought they were cute and festive.

·
Registered
451 Posts
When I was a kid I liked getting Atkinson's peanut butter bars and chik-o-sticks because of the taste and because they weren't a candy I would get often. As an adult my favorites are the two already mentioned and reese pumpkins because they are the perfect chocolate to peanut butter ratio imo.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,958 Posts
I'm an only child so I never had to trade anything. I also grew up in a time when you would get things like popcorn balls & homemade treats & thought nothing of it. So I can't say I have a favourite Halloween candy though I do like Brachs candy corn & pumpkins.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I love those horrifying peanut butter things in alternating black or orange wrappers. The ones everyone else hates, LOL! I think they remind me of my childhood?

Also "Dots" (those gummy-like things), probably for the same reason.

Other than those, it's chocolate, chocolate, chocolate all the way for me. PB cups, Snickers, Milky Ways, Hershey minis and so on.

My sister and I never traded because we liked all the same stuff. And we'd both get down to that point some time around Christmas where there were only the "yucky" candies left but we'd eventually pretty much eat those too, albeit more slowly (i.e. only one candy once in a blue moon).

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
^Ha! And I thought I was the only one to admit I love the black and orange peanut butter taffy things! Although I do have a rather serious peanut butter addiction to start with so anything remotely peanut butter flavored is fine by me. I remember getting a peanut butter flavored hard crunchy candy as a kid and I have a clue what they were called but I would so love to find them today! They were small rectangle shaped, white with brown stripes on the outside and the inside was kind of like a butterfinger or clark bar. My grandfather used to buy them for me when I would visit and they were my favorite Halloween treat as well. I miss them!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts