Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Halloween Elitist
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...as far as your haunt, yard/garage display?

I don't think it is for me, I've had some great shows last couple of years but this year I've run into a wall.

I had some ideas but they are not materializing til next year. I'm still going to put on a decent display but I think will be prouder next year.

How bout you guys, is the best year for you?

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,504 Posts
If the weather is decent, this will be our best year to date, and thankfully, as it is the final year for our full walkthrough haunt. After this year, we're scaling back significantly to a front yard display and a smaller scare zone in our driveway. We had hoped to do the final show last Halloween but didn't due to the weather, so we're planning on pretty much the same set-up. Fingers crossed.

·
Halloween Elitist
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I'm feeling that my garage display is not hogging the attention this year because I made a concentrated effort to upgrade my cemetary. I finished the new pvc and furring fence and I'm going to also add the skeletons carrying coffin scene. I'll come back next year and concentrate on garage display.

Then maybe next year I can say I'm going to have the best year.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
It probably will not be my best, or it may turn out to be, but pretty much anything that I put out will sure as hell top last year's pathetic, bare-bones decorating:rolleyes: This is all provided the weather decides to cooperate, of course; if it is pouring, then there will not be much at all and will look about the same:eek:

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
It will be the best so far. Still relatively a newbie at this, but working on several props.

Had big plans last year, but had lots of snow and didn't decorate beyond the porch. :(

·
Registered
259 Posts
Every year my haunted garage gets better, but this year I think it's just gonna be a display instead of a haunted maze.
Reason being, my friend who helps me wants to take a year off because he's missing his kids' Halloween.
I totally understand that because I've also missed my son's trick or treating the last few years but at least I went with him until he was 7.
Usually we take up to 2 weeks building and getting it ready but this year we have a plan to visit other Halloween Haunts.
Seems like we never have time to do that. Next year, with it being on a Friday, we plan on going all out bigger than ever.

Now.....everything I just typed above will be moot once I watch the movie Trick R Treat, get in the spirit and just do my haunted garage myself or
recruit another friend to help :D

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
No, but as Garthgoyle said, it will be better than the past few years where I've barely decorated at all (and skipped last year entirely).

I had higher hopes for this year, but it's not going to work out. I just don't have the free time that I thought I would. Still, I can get things done and make it a good year if nothing big crops up. Then I'll have a whole year to work on NEXT year...and then some.

·
Halloween Elitist
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Every year my haunted garage gets better, but this year I think it's just gonna be a display instead of a haunted maze.
Reason being, my friend who helps me wants to take a year off because he's missing his kids' Halloween.
I totally understand that because I've also missed my son's trick or treating the last few years but at least I went with him until he was 7.
Usually we take up to 2 weeks building and getting it ready but this year we have a plan to visit other Halloween Haunts.
Seems like we never have time to do that. Next year, with it being on a Friday, we plan on going all out bigger than ever.

Now.....everything I just typed above will be moot once I watch the movie Trick R Treat, get in the spirit and just do my haunted garage myself or
recruit another friend to help :D
All these past years I've been the self described "feature" of my garage display. I buy an expensive mask and build a little theme around it. I'm surrounded by props.so I don't know what's going on outside on Halloween night. I've heard there is haunts in my neighborhood.

So I'm thinking of not dressing up for the first time and just manage and do punk control and maybe I get a chance to visit the other haunts.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Not even close...not enough help, then again, I don't ask for it. I'll probably pull the plug on all my pneumatics because I won't run them without someone I trust pushing the button

·
Halloween Elitist
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not even close...not enough help, then again, I don't ask for it. I'll probably pull the plug on all my pneumatics because I won't run them without someone I trust pushing the button
I have trust issues too..when it comes to my display, it just has to be my way

·
Registered
706 Posts
The people who run the other haunt around here are guys we've known forever, so at the end of the night before we fully shut down we go to each others' haunts.

I definitely get the feeling of wanting people you trust with your stuff. I'm having that problem this year too.

·
Registered
212 Posts
no this year will be no decorations at all or very limited. My dad and helper was diagnosed with lung cancer on memorial day, and I have used every vacation day and floating holiday that I had taking him to treatments and doctor appts. and weekends used trying to keep houework done and laundry when have energy both totally ready to crash by weekends Really bummed but he is my life right now. Maybe next year:(

·
Registered
21 Posts
While I have to set up a haunt at my friend's house, I do not believe that I will ever be able to reach my best. I have ideas for themes from year to year but I have to cut back the scale of it in order to set everything up and take everything down. I do get to use the props I built last year but couldn't use because of Hurricane Sandy, however my heart is set on the theme for next year already. Probably because the one I want to use next year was going to be a large display and this one is more subdued.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Last year was the experiment and it went so smooth. I am going to have a tough time topping the party especially if my ideas don't materialize quickly!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts