Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pose this question for a reason.
How are things with everyone right now?
Over just these last few days and nights we have seen more than any average number of customers here be very afraid, so afraid their house tour becomes severely shortened,at their request.
No, i shower and use deodorant,I gargle,brush my teeth,wear clean clothes,so forget going there.
Are people extra nervous right now?
Super-sensitive?

·
Reaper Guardian
2,075 Posts
There is something in the air. I've noticed people more on edge, less patient, almost confrontational (I said "almost"). Maybe its reaction to what's going on in the world, maybe there's something beneath that we're picking up on.

Reactions: kathy2008

·
For Your Demonic Needs!
1,254 Posts
My wife and I have noticed the same thing. And yes there does seem to be something in the air. With the sun going to sleep I expect things to change. I've seen some things change for the worse seemingly while others have improved greatly. Now I'm not sure this will make sense but then again it might but over the last couple of weeks I've become very nostalgic for Halloween. In my past this usually precedes change in my life and usually good things. I've been getting a lot of writing done and have been listening to Halloween music. Even some of my coworker have been "Halloween-minded" without knowing it.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I think it's , "We are sick of being hot and humid!" Summer can go hang in my opinion.... More people, more traffic, more crime, more noise, more air conditioning needed, It's almost all bad to me! I do, however, admire the annual flower displays and my trees growing and shading me from the deadly sun. :cool:

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I haven't noticed this, but I've been sticking close to home the past few weeks due to illness. Maybe its a reaction to the shootings lately?

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
I agree with those saying that it is likely the state of the world influencing many people's outlooks and setting them greatly on edge. Without placing blame and getting into a political discussion or uttering something that could begin a religious rave/rant, I will simply say that it certainly makes sense with how honked-up things are.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I AM A "Summer-Person" . I like the warmer weather,even hot once and awhile. When Was doing a whole lot of digging by hand/shovel, my old body felt so good,no aches , the blood flow is improved, body joints and thing usually don't hurt nearly as much when it's 90 out.
I even do the extra work of stripping down my Jeep and taking a drive watching the road rush under my wheels and the wind blowing from any old direction that it feels like blowing, it's All Good! To me!

·
Registered
536 Posts
It could have a lot to do with all of the things going on in the world right now. People are afraid, paranoid even. They listen to the news which tells them that they aren't safe anywhere, and sensationalizes the slightest incident to incite more fear, thus people will keep watching feeling that they are somehow staying ahead of whatever threat is "out there." I deal with two 80+ year-old grandparents who suffer from this exact scenario. They are afraid to leave the small town they live in because they say they have heard too many "bad things" about other places. I travel frequently, and have many friends from international locations; and have visited areas that the news portrays to be virtual warzones that were beautiful when you got there, and the people were friendly and accepting. Yes, there is bad in the world, I would even affirm that there is evil in the world, but you can't live your life in fear, otherwise, you're not really living.

For me personally, working in education, this is a little more stressful time of the year as I'm getting ready to go back to school, meet my new students, see what school changes are in store for another year, etc... So I feel a little more tense right now, but not afraid. Its usually around this time of the year that I start to have those stupid nightmares that I show up late to school, can't find my class, I'm in trouble with the boss, or I'm wearing a chicken suit (that one's almost fun if I'm able to realize its a dream) :D

·
For Your Demonic Needs!
1,254 Posts
Honestly there is a lot of tension in the atmosphere and while I agree about the media I do feel that there's something more to it. Not sure what yet but I have some ideas.

·
Chocolate is my BFF!
4,227 Posts
I think it's more that we are noticing the evil and awful thing but at the same time as you said Gym... I am noticing it myself. It seems..... like something waiting.. something is bound to happen. But something is happening every day. It's so awful. Dunno here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts