Halloween Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is our third Halloween party, & thanks to everyone on here I am more inspired than ever to go all out :) In my bathroom last year I had a few things here & there and this year I am trying to do a little bit more of the 'Bates Motel' theme by adding bloody towels w/ a monogrammed B etc. We have some flies that my hubby really wants to 'glue' to the toilet hahaha. But I also have potion bottles from last year, a few from this year & a few other little decorations. Is this too much in one little bathroom? I don't want to overdo it with too many little things because I'm too excited & have other people think there is too much going on... Please let me know what you think :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
I went all out in the bathroom. I figure, with a party, that's the most private place you can be - where you're (usually) alone. Haha. Anyways, that's the easiest place to freak people out and scare them - because they are alone. This year I held my first Halloween Party (been doing Haunts), and I went full-swing turning my tiny tiny bathroom into a Spider Den, with a giant spider and spider victim, as well as spider noises that some "fiends" (As Susie calls them =]) here on the forum sent me. It freaked people out more than anything! So I say go for it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Glyphen :) Those pix are from last year but hopefully this year it will be even better!

Zeltino that is so true, I hadn't quite thought of the 'alone time' people would have to appreciate that part of the party :)

I was thinking it might just be a mismatch of too many things but now I'm thinking that will be the place people will most likely all see and really look at :) (Though hopefully not from the floor while hugging the porcelain throne... lmao)

·
"They won't stay dead."
1,366 Posts
I went all out in the bathroom. I figure, with a party, that's the most private place you can be - where you're (usually) alone. Haha. Anyways, that's the easiest place to freak people out and scare them - because they are alone. This year I held my first Halloween Party (been doing Haunts), and I went full-swing turning my tiny tiny bathroom into a Spider Den, with a giant spider and spider victim, as well as spider noises that some "fiends" (As Susie calls them =]) here on the forum sent me. It freaked people out more than anything! So I say go for it!
Hey, did the sounds work out well? I just finished my spider bathroom tonight and I think the sounds will be the icing on the cake. ;)

Did you take any pics? :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hey, did the sounds work out well? I just finished my spider bathroom tonight and I think the sounds will be the icing on the cake. ;)

Did you take any pics? :)

Of course I took pictures :). And yes, it creeped people out immensely. It really was the icing on the cake :). I posted pictures on my site: The Hauntary

To get straight to the pictures:
2009 Party Pictures

·
Mostly Harmless
1,328 Posts
Great Details.

What you did was very tasteful and well done.

A few ideas that count as overkill include:
Having an actor hide in the bathroom
Trying to squeeze a full size inflatable in your bathroom
Placing every prop you own in your bathroom
Taking ever light out of the bathroom or adding 3 or more special effects to the bathroom.

Keep the list going if you have an idea or example of overdone bathroom decorating.

·
The thing under the bed
631 Posts
I believe it is the "little things" that make a HUGE difference to an area. When they look around and then start to notice the detail they will talk and say "hey did you see that". So I say add what you want.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.