Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I am horrible with painting. Well, not ALL painting. Give me 4 walls, a roller and a brush and I can make that room look amazing. When it comes to any other form of painting, I just can't seem to get it down.
I have painted this head 3 times already! I am calling it done. Because if I try again, it will probably just get a mask over top of it.
I had everything for this project on hand already. I know it would look better with a better wig, but I would rather not spend the money on a new one. And I do plan to get some eyelashes to add to it.
I plan to place this in a large glass container. I am hoping sitting in a dark corner, that it will look creepy. Is it way to simple for that? Is there anything I can do it add more scare factor to it? I did try to add some more blood on the face, and it looked horrible! I ended up wiping it off and painting over it after that. LOL

head2.jpg
head3.jpg
head1.jpg

Typical Ghoul Next Door
It looks just fine to me. Especially if you're planning on it being a head in a jar prop.

Low lighting will definitely make it look super. Nothing ever looks spooky in bright lights. :D

You could get a tiny submersible light or tea light to place in or under the jar to really make it look eerie - I have red and blue ones I use for tiny spotlights for things like this - can find at places like Michaels or Hobby Lobby.

Reactions: Becka382

Registered
It looks good. Over-detailing really makes things look fake. Things are more scary in low light, even expensive nice props don't look great close up in a well lit area. I think you're good.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all bunches. I will just leave it as is!
I love the idea of the light. I am thinking a red one would look awesome in there. Will for sure be trying that out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts