Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am horrible with painting. Well, not ALL painting. Give me 4 walls, a roller and a brush and I can make that room look amazing. When it comes to any other form of painting, I just can't seem to get it down.
I have painted this head 3 times already! I am calling it done. Because if I try again, it will probably just get a mask over top of it.
I had everything for this project on hand already. I know it would look better with a better wig, but I would rather not spend the money on a new one. And I do plan to get some eyelashes to add to it.
I plan to place this in a large glass container. I am hoping sitting in a dark corner, that it will look creepy. Is it way to simple for that? Is there anything I can do it add more scare factor to it? I did try to add some more blood on the face, and it looked horrible! I ended up wiping it off and painting over it after that. LOL

head2.jpg
head3.jpg
head1.jpg

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,671 Posts
It looks just fine to me. Especially if you're planning on it being a head in a jar prop.

Low lighting will definitely make it look super. Nothing ever looks spooky in bright lights. :D

You could get a tiny submersible light or tea light to place in or under the jar to really make it look eerie - I have red and blue ones I use for tiny spotlights for things like this - can find at places like Michaels or Hobby Lobby.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It looks good. Over-detailing really makes things look fake. Things are more scary in low light, even expensive nice props don't look great close up in a well lit area. I think you're good.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all bunches. I will just leave it as is!
I love the idea of the light. I am thinking a red one would look awesome in there. Will for sure be trying that out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts