Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Our party is this weekend :eek: Does this sound like enough food and variety? Some friends are vegetarian, others are pure carnivores. I want to cater to both! About 22 guests, party starts at 8

Caesar salad spears with toasted asiago bread slices
Baked Potato Dip with Tato Skins
Buffalo Chicken Dip with Tortilla Chips
Carrots & Celery
Guacamole with Tortilla Chips
Caprese Skewers (mozarella, tomatoes, and basil drizzled with olive oil)
Wings (Spicy chili sauce) - DH says 96 wings :rolleyes:
Taffy Apple bar (toppings TBD)
Zombie brain cupcakes
Jello brain
Chex Puppy Chow

Then we'll have assorted drinks and vodka infused cherries.
I feel like this isn't enough. But my husband says it's PLENTY

Typical Ghoul Next Door
That's plenty. I do about 5-7 different items, and that works for my sized party (about the same as yours).

You've got a nice mix of veggie/meats and desserts. :)

As long as they aren't coming to specifically eat a full meal, you've got more than enough to snack on.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I feel better now.

No one is coming for the food, and I don't remember what friends serve at their parties. Unless they have too little, either in variety or quantity. I'm rather picky.

Thanks again!

Registered
I think its sounds like the right amount.. Can you tell me whats in the baked potato dip and what the cesaer salad spears are? They both sound real good.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Baked Potato dip is heavy, but a crowd pleaser. I mix equal parts cream cheese and cour cream. Some cheddar (shredded) and cooked bacon to taste. Put in oven-safe dish, sprinkle some more cheese on top. Bake in 350 oven for 15 - 20 minutes. Top with chopped chives. We serve with the old school Tato Skins.

Salad spears, it's hard to explain. Cut off the base of a heainofr top part is pointy, lef so the thinner top part is pointy, leaving wide base. Pour salad dressing in a bowl, top with fresh parmesan, and place lettuce standing up in bowl. Does this make sense?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts