Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Warlock
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know exactly zilch about foggers. l saw a Gemmy mini fogger in Michaels today for about $25 marked down from $40. Looks like just the fogger--no juice, no timer, maybe a remote. I don't need a ton of fog for my haunt so a small fogger will cover my needs for the time being. So, is this a decent fogger at a decent price or is it a piece of crap waiting to devour my ever dwindling haunt budget? Anyone who has used or owned one of these, I'd love to hear your advice.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,854 Posts
For a starter fog machine, the Wally World one is pretty decent. The Gemmy "fog machine" is the one I started out with, and I was very happy with it. It did die on my about the second or third year, tho.

I paid $20 for the fogger, then $10 for the remote and I forget how much for the juice.

I just picked up another one as a back up to my main fogger at WMart for the same $20, but at least I already had the remote and juice. I have a Fitco 400 watt fogger (bought last year on clearance at Party City) that is my main fogger now, but I needed another.

$25 for a mini fogger (is it a 400 w?) is still a bit more than the Wal-Mart one, so I'd check it out to see if it is the same one...

Fear Inc.'s link is the exact same fogger I just got, but it did not include the good controller or any fog juice. I checked, and they don't stock that version within 100 miles of me, and I live in a BIG city, so most likely you'll just be able to find the fogger for $20 and have to pick up the controller/juice in addition. So if WMart has that one, you'd save $5.

·
Banned
524 Posts
IMO I think they are crap. It also depends on what you are expecting. If you think you are going to get this to fog your entire yard it won't. These are only good for using in props for effect. It doesn't output very much and what little it does will dissipate quickly or get blown away. Then you have to wait for the heat cycle to warm up again to use it which can be several minutes. Maybe I am just spoiled to the larger and better quality foggers I don't know. But if you are expecting a huge fogging effect with this you are going to be disappointed. I have one but it is just to put in props like coffins and what not for accent. I have 1200 and 1700 watt machines for my yard.

Remember the saying, you get what you pay for...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Texan78 is right, the small foggers aren't going to pea soup your yard but they work for props. I've got two larger ones for the yard.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,854 Posts
oh, that's true. I was using the gemmy fog machine to fog my witch's cauldron, not the whole yard and it worked fine for the prop.

I got another one to put inside a coffin with a string of lights, and it'll probably be fine for that too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts