Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 1000w machine from Party City (with my 20% off coupon) made it 47.99.

But I fired it up to give it a test run make sure all works ok and it puts out high pressure but the fog seems very thin.... if I pulse the trigger on it, it seems better. What do you guys think? BTW using Spirits jog juice.

http://youtu.be/wFCewZKlljs

·
Registered
302 Posts
what did you use for fog fluid?

It looks to me like you didnt use very good fluid. Try froggys freezin or swamp. the fluid makes all the difference.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Ok lets try this from the top.

A fog machine works by heating a mixture of water and glycerin. It does this by forcing it through a heating element at high pressure.

So. a poor fog fluid can cause a couple problems. 1) being not much fog all the time. 2) it can have varying degrees of water/glycerin IE one cup has a higher ratio than the next, yes even in the same bottle.

Another thing to consider. when a fog machine is pushing out the fog hard, this also means the fog is going out to a larger area making it look thinner, where as if its just a puff in a small area it would look much thicker.

its hard to tell which is at issue from the vid. however, I strongly suggest you pickup better fluid, I think the fogger is fine for what it is. though even there you may want to consider getting a nicer chauvet or vei 1300 - 1800 watt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts