Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I used to get emails faithfully about any post I made or any that I contributed to. It was great. However, during the last two weeks, they have disappeared. I know that there are things being posted, because I added a new request for help out there, and I have to return to see who has commented. None of those posts have ever shown up in my emails.

I'm using Yahoo, and I have checked both the inbox and spam folders hoping to find responses and had no luck. I do know that Yahoo hates Craig's List, and send most of their forwarded emails to my spam folder, but they have never sent yours to anywhere but my inbox. It's just now they don't do even that.

Have you got any suggestions? Did I do something wrong in my preferences? It still shows me as wanting to be notified of all messages, but it doesn't seem to work anymore. Any help you can give me would be appreciated. (And yeah, I'll come back here to check up on responses, because I don't think they're going to show up in my email box.) :eek:)

Thanks,

Eric

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Ed,

Well, this is just weird all the way around. I am still not getting emails at [email protected], my registered email, even after adding you to the safe-sender list. But the part of that that's weird is I'm not getting them in my SPAM box either. So whitelisting them wouldn't do any good because Yahoo simply doesn't give me a chance to see them as SPAM.

So, following your advice, I thought I would change my email address to [email protected] and white list you there. I figured it was worth a shot. However, the site won't let me change my email address. I put in my password and change the email address and click update and nothing happens. I'm patient, but after a couple minutes of not doing anything, I figure it's trying to tell me something.

That's where it stands today. Yahoo won't deliver your mail to any box, and the site won't let me change my address to another provider.

HELP. :(

Thanks, for anything you can do.

Eric

·
Administrator
646 Posts
Hey Eric,

Try putting your current password into all 3 password boxes to see if that works when trying to change your password. If not, let us know and we'll change it in your profile for you.

- JB

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the suggestion to put passwords into all three boxes. I have successfully changed my email, and I'll let you know if I start receiving notices of posts in my Gmail box. Just a point of interest. I still received the weekly highlights post. It always arrives safe and sound. I'm not sure why it arrives and the other notices don't, but I hope my Gmail account will at least sync up with the site better since they're managed by the same company. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again,

Eric

1 - 7 of 7 Posts