Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Not sure if this is the right place to post, but seemed to fit best. I've picked up an Antari ICE 100 low ground fog machine and the pump works, but is the devil to get primed and once it does, it doesn't look like it has the flow it should. I've completely cleaned the heater block (CLR and compressed air.) Clean as a whistle so that's not a problem.

I've taken the pump apart and cleaned so expect all to be good there, but... priming and flow are an issue.

In this video where a guy is repairing his SP-35A, at the 2:26 mark, you see him find a spring and check valve under the brass cap that connects to the copper tubing. Mine is missing that check valve.

https://youtu.be/6m8uLMEU4U0?t=146

So my question is... am I missing a check valve there or do some have and some don't? My assumption is I'm missing the valve and that's making priming and flow hard.

Doubt that spring and part is available separately so maybe add another check valve between the pump and heater block. Makes sense to me. You?

TIA!
Lynn

·
Registered
84 Posts
I was not able to pull up the youtube link you provided. I am at the point now where I simply replace pumps when they are not working, its not worth the time and hassle. The problem is usually swelled gaskets which can be a pain to find replacements. In your case, a missing part is worse. You can pick up a pump from Ali Express for around $10.00, just make sure the voltage matches and it looks similar, you can make it work. If it's an Antari fog machine, it's definitely worth repairing, they make great machines!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks FogMaster. Cheapest I've seen a new SP-35A is around $100. That's a lot for a pump. I see a lot of conversions with other pumps and windshield washer pumps, but I would like to keep this fogger as stock as possible because it really should be a great one. I'll probably try adding a check valve and keep an eye out for another.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts