Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a great Halloween last night and hope you did too. My wife and I get in costume to hand out candy. This year we both noticed that we are seeing more of the parents with the kids ALSO in costume. Lots of parents last night had put a lot of work into costumes and makeup and did not even want candy, just the chance to participate! Do you get this in your neighborhood? It's good to see and I hope it's a trend that will grow! :D:D:D

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Yup! We saw more of that too. Apparently the answer to "What do you do when you're too old to Trick or Treat?" is "Have babies!" ;)

We had one woman last night who said "We love your house, we've come every year for the past 3 years!" and we said, "Wow, your daughter doesn't look 3!"

"She isn't! I was pregnant the first year."

It's a good trend. :)

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
I wish that I could say the same, but all that the parents did around here was tote umbrellas that the kids should have had...:rolleyes: Like matrixmom, I, despite my advanced age, dressed up to pass out the treats;)

·
Reaper Guardian
2,041 Posts
Definitely saw that here. Almost as many parents in costume as those out of costume.

·
Registered
353 Posts
We dress up to take the kids out every year. We had people giving my son extra candy because we dressed up.

·
Registered
68 Posts
We had a couple of dads show up with their kids in costume, one of them looked mortified like he was forced to do it. lol. I appreciated it though, and I wish more would do it, it makes it so much more fun!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
The Mount Carroll Halloween parade saw numerous adults dressed for it. There were a couple of guys who had on Pirate long coats who I thought might be on stilts but they weren't! Just very tall adults.
I wore a professionally made skeleton suit I bought years ago at Transworld with a aluminum shield (once a decorative item I removed the crossed swords from then made leather straps across the back of it, as I carried a huge ax whose shaft resembled long bones with a few old muscles still twisting around them. A gunny sack over my back held a large "Killer Clown" head, gaudilly painted up, unlike the movie's paint jobs.

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
Yes it was really awesome, we had a Toy Story family come by. After handing the kids some candy I asked them what candy their mom & dad would like since they were dressed up too, & they were adorably stumped for minute (wait, I need to think about candy for somebody else?!). I suggested a couple of Snickers & they said, "yes, yes they like Snickers!" & happily ran back & told their parents they TOT'd for them. It was great!

ETA: Sounds like a great costume Gym. Do you get a lot of folks come to your haunt dressed up?

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Despite the rain, we actually had a good turnout. Wife said there were a lot of people handing out as well, though not as many decorated as last year. Even the kids that came to the house were all very polite. Parents, everyone. It was a good night.

·
The Cackling Cauldron
1,302 Posts
Wish I could say the same here. few kids and fewer adults. The moms of our area favoring the local trick - or - trunk at Walmart to visiting the community to see any of the fun on display. Makes me sad for the kids not to have the memories for great neighbors and fun nights of adventure.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I didn't see any dressed up grownups in my neighborhood, except the guy with the best yard haunt in an awesome zombie costume and mask. I don't usually dress up either, next year I'm going to start!

·
Registered
472 Posts
No dressed adults here - but my Wife and I are always in costume. She likes to dress as a haggard old witch (alter ego being a school teacher) and I am always lurking about the yard sometimes posed as a prop mainly to keep people from crossing the barricades to keep them out of lights and electrical cords.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts