Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we have posted about this in the past. Was doing my Day after shopping and came across this:

20181101_111438.jpg

20181101_111455.jpg

Yes it is a crouching swaying Ghoul like other have built on here for the past two years and hallowen express now has it.

Well i still plan on building my own that will last for years and at about a 1/4 of the cost and 1000 times the quality.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The true test is how long they'll continue to sell it. I mean, sure it's cheap but how many kids (and adults too!) will it inspire to build their own props after having the box store stuff break time and time again? I know I was first inspired to decorate my own house with animatronics after seeing what the pro haunts had and then later seeing something vaguely similar for 1/10 the price at Spirit a few years later. Now, I'm coming full circle and I've started researching online on HOW the mechanics are achieved, videos on different painting techniques, even the best servos and controllers for people that fall somewhere between box store buyers and all out professional haunt props. Do I wish I'd won the billion dollar powerball so I could buy out the Transworld floor? You know it! But the reality is, I have champagne taste on a beer budget so I have to ******* engineer something between the two levels. Right now I'm trying to reverse engineer my Spirit Wolf Spitter because the plastic 'spine' broke in storage and he's become a staple that everyone's kids dare each other to walk up to. That cheap POS has become part of the neighborhood kids 'Halloween legends' so I can't just let him fade away now. Anyway, my point is that there has to be an entry point for home haunters somewhere and a cool prop is a cool prop which leads to more cool props. Everyone wants their first car to be an Italian supercar but most of us learned how to wrench on a $500 clunker (and still managed to have a good time while doing it!).

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
90Moneypit,

The only problem I have is that whatever company is making this didn't bother to come up with something creative. They blatantly stole the idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts