Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 405 Posts

·
Fallen Angel
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning! Happy Monday....if there is such a thing.

How was everyone's holiday weekend??

·
Queen of Crap
3,728 Posts
Morning.
Weekend was great. Tree is up and decorated. Lights are up outside. Working on the rest.

Barbarella - that is awful! You did what you could, I'm sure she would be thankful for the sweater. It's a shame there isn't really any way to find out what happened to her.

·
Registered
598 Posts
So far I haven't heard anything on the news other than she was taken to the hospital, but I'm hoping there will be an update tonight. The frustrating thing was that I'm trained as an emergency dispatcher, and I know everything was being done that could, but what a long 2 minutes to wait. I've made an appointment to donate blood- wish I could do it more often though.

Okay, it's December. Holy cow, I can't believe how many people have their trees up! I don't know if it's just me, but the snow seemed to come so early, and waaaay before I'm into my Yuletidyness. maybe if I string some garland around my garden gargoyles I brought inside for the winter, that would spruce it up? Any ideas where to get a 3-4 inch mini Santa hat for him?

·
Ghastly One
5,896 Posts
Good morning.
Everything has been up at out house as the wife got the Spirit early this year and figured she had better strike while the iron was hot. I did get the fruitcakes made on Saturday, so I'll be basting them with Brandy every 2 days for the next few weeks.

Mmmmmmm Brandy.....

Any ideas where to get a 3-4 inch mini Santa hat for him?
What about Michael's or some sort of craft store that sells doll parts You should be able to get one there.

·
Ghastly One
5,896 Posts
I could think of a better use for that brandy Siv.:p
Hmmm, do tell...

A little Brandy for the fruitcakes, a little Brandy for the cook. A little more Brandy for the fruitcakes, a little more Brandy for the cook...

I will say I do knock off what ever is left in the basting bowl each time, and lately I've been pretty generous in the basting bowl this year.

·
Fallen Angel
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tee hee, and all the while I thought you were talking about OUR Brandy:D:p

·
Ghastly One
5,896 Posts
Tee hee, and all the while I thought you were talking about OUR Brandy:D:p
Well to be fair, I was going for the double entendre'. But I am in reality basting them every two days with the liquid spirit brandy. But if Brandy wants to come out and let me rub her with my fruitcakes that's okay with me too.

·
Fallen Angel
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
But if Brandy wants to come out and let me rub her with my fruitcakes that's okay with me too.
LMAO! I totally needed to laugh today at work, now everyone around me thinks I'm crazy.

Rose - Is it that mixture between rain and snow where it just pelts you in the face kind of snow? We got a very early snow here yesterday into today. It was that heavy snow that just looks beautiful on the trees.

·
lurking in the shadows
7,332 Posts
just wanted to say hello and thank those that text messaged me and commented me for Thanksgiving.

Seems the lessons are in full swing and I sure as hell am not going to sit here and whine about it...so....actually I am not complaining at all. I just have some major,major stuff to deal with which I will--

Know you are loved. Thought of often if I am not around, always in my heart.

I hope everyone is well.

Thanks again for thosae that remembered me at Thanksgiving.

·
kakos
7,217 Posts
Didn't see this thread....Barb posted in the other weekly. I'm happy you helped that lady.

I hate to bring more sad news, but wasn't sure if some of you heard. My grandpa passed away on Friday. The funeral is tomorrow. I am very lucky that I got to talk to him on Thursday and was able to end our conversation saying "I love you". I am off of work till Wed. for sure, but may take Thurs. as well if my mom needs me. I've been staying at my parents house because my mom doesn't want me to be alone.

·
Presidential Canidate
7,274 Posts
Hi!

MM- Sorry for your loss, but as for saying "I Love You" as your final message to him must make you feel alot better. When my Grandfather passed away a couple years ago, my last phone call to him 2 weeks before he went into the hospital ended with the same 3 words....and it made me feel alot better that my last words to him were those.

I am here at the library on this beautiful Monday is due to finnally getting some decent snow and O.T. this weekend, as I was up plowing until 5am...got some sleep...then had the rest of the day off.
I was getting worried there about our lack of snow.

Hope everyones' Turkey day went well!

·
Fallen Angel
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Moon - you know I luv ya. we'll always be here for you, take care of yourself.

MM - {{{{{HUGS}}}}} that's the closest I can get to the real thing:) please know that you are very fortunate to have had the chance to say goodbye.

Jack- Good to see you!! Glad to see you got some overtime, woo hoo!! We miss you too:(

·
Fallen Angel
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
2008 couldn't just go away quietly.....without throwing in a little more sadness.

·
Ghastly One
5,896 Posts
MrsMyers, I'm really sorry and my thoughts go out to you and your family. I'm glad you go to end your conversation the way you did though.

Moon!
Seems the lessons are in full swing and I sure as hell am not going to sit here and whine about it...so....actually I am not complaining at all. I just have some major,major stuff to deal with which I will--
Aw man, I'm sorry there had to be 'lessons' instead of a peaceful relaxing good time.

Jack, no worries, we've saved your spot. A couple of us have our jackets on your chair.

2008 couldn't just go away quietly.....without throwing in a little more sadness. .
I somehow find I'm too afraid to comment one way or the other this close to the end.

1 - 20 of 405 Posts