Halloween Forum banner

321 - 330 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I LOOOOOVE Halloween and enjoy being 'that house' - but honestly, cancelling TOT in the face of a pandemic would be fine with me.
Agree with you completely. We are trying to share some spooky fun, not a virus. I’ll be so sad to miss Halloween two years in a row, but health and wellness of all has to go first.

·
Registered
488 Posts
We are decoration inside and out regardless. If ToT-ing is canceled we will give our neighbors something fun and safe to walk or drive by and enjoy. The inside will be decorated for us to enjoy. There is a small group of friends that my 16 yo daughter is allowed to hang out with during the lockdown and I will happily make a special Halloween-themed dinner for them. It will still be Halloween but with a few tweaks for safety, that's all.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Also fully agree with taking all precautions to not spread the virus, but I think it’s a creative challenge not an all or nothing.
Totally! I’m not against decorating but I’m still on the fence about handing out candy. I guess those decisions can be made when we get closer. They anticipated a spike in Fall but it seems like right now the spike is already happening.

·
Registered
163 Posts
And yeah I may not be opening my door, but advantage to being in a smaller apartment building is I can always build bags to set outside of neighbors doors (masked and sanitized of course!)

·
Registered
471 Posts
We've had between 600 and 700 trick-or-treaters (doesn't include parents and other adults - we count the treat bags handed out) the past couple of years so I was really looking forward to this year. A Saturday! oh man!
I had been thinking I could block off the yard at the sidewalk, simply move the graveyard fencing. And set up some way to toss treats from a distance. Or set up a PVC pipe delivery system to the sidewalk. Mark off social distance using coffins. So many ideas bouncing around in my head the past few weeks.
Then I realized I would be attracting all those people to my neighborhood, as I usually do, and my neighbors are already a little overwhelmed every year. It would have to be a group effort or everyone else would have to just turn off their lights and hide. Damn.

Today's bright idea - I'm thinking of decorating in September and taking it all down before Halloween.

·
Registered
46 Posts
We’re about 125 days from Halloween. In Florida I put the odds of any ToT this year at about 20%. In my area anyway. It’s a hot zone here. If it calms down I still think people will rethink it after screwing up in late-May and June and letting it get out of hand. I would not be shocked if it’s restricted by county governments. But I will still decorate and hope families still drive around and look. I’m pretty sure I will not give out candy no matter what.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I just started a list of little kids I will make and deliver special treat bags for if there is no ToT-ing this year. Not quite the same but it would still be fun to spoil some sweet kids if all else fails. There are less than 10 so I can go all out.

321 - 330 of 330 Posts