Halloween Forum banner

301 - 320 of 330 Posts

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,833 Posts
Augie is FULLY over us & we're FULLY over him. Ziggy is pretty chill about us being home all the time & is pretty happy to get MORE belly rubs, but Augie is just.not.havin'.it.

My response to his screams of "MEH!!MEOROWR!LETMEOUT!!" is usually to scream the same thing back at him but I can't do that when my husband is working in the office 20 feet away. Then HE is over ME & wants to put both of out on the street!! So I've just started answering him about whatever comes to mind.

Conversations we've yelled at each other lately.

"MEHMEWOWR!"

"Oh I know Augie, I think we should have zombies instead of this virus too."

"MEEEEHMEH!"

"Yes, I think I will add blackberries to the shopping list!"

"MEH!"

"I KNOW RIGHT!! I can't wait for the new season of Queer Eye either!! Who's your fave guy?"
"MEH!"
"Really, I never saw you as a Karamo kinda cat! Jonathan is my fave!"

·
Registered
46 Posts
One of the guys I race with up here in the PNW is the one who does all the temporary retail space deals for Spirit (they even have used his race car for promo stuff in prior years). He doesn’t appear to be sweating it too much this year..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Due to this whole thing we are building a lot more. But will we still have to follow saftey rules? Maybe a drive by halloween. We hope to have haunted houses this year. Stay safe

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,070 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Is it possible that for those of us who maybe didn’t have a great 2019 Halloween we are predisposed to think 2020 has no chance?

What if it’s the exact opposite? Halloween is on a Saturday. There’s a full blue moon coming. What if by the time we get there Halloween is actually the first holiday this year we get to enjoy? If the weather holds, yes Mother nature I’m talking to you, it could be an amazing year!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've been procrastinating looking at the forum because I had hopes that Covid would be history by Halloween. I'm not flying (I'm airline personal) because of the virus and have so much time on my hands that all I do is clean and garden. I should have yard of the month.....if only my neighborhood did such.

Like all of you, I was beyond excited that Halloween is on a full moon Saturday. We were expecting a bigger crowd this year. In past years we had close to 400 ToT's. When you add their parents and other adults, we have close to 1000 walking down our driveway.

Here we are living in a state with numbers now exploding and I'm wondering how or if I'll be able to pull it off this year.

So, I'm here hoping you guys have some fantastic ideas. I just can't imagine disappointing all the kids that come every year, but I also know how serious this is and want to do the right thing.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My husband mentioned to me that it might be out of my control. That the county council might ban trick or treating. I'm thinking about writing the county council before I really get started on a build. I would hate to do a ton of work and then be told it's canceled. Maybe this is the year to just do repairs and hope to be able to display.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Alright, I need to flesh this out, but I’m thinking of trying to get techy with this. I live in NYC and have asthma so I need to be smart, I probably won’t be able to do things like last years touchy feely body parts....so I’m thinking fairy tale witch set up...if I can open the door long spooky ladle to hand out. If I can’t bagged treats to decorate the door Hansel and gretel style, and then prepping a virtual party using a QR code that leads to a video walk through into a zoom party? Not sure how feasible...but I can’t let my TOTs down! I even had momentum last year in getting the neighbors on my floor to up their game!

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,043 Posts
One of the guys I race with up here in the PNW is the one who does all the temporary retail space deals for Spirit (they even have used his race car for promo stuff in prior years). He doesn’t appear to be sweating it too much this year..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oh someone else from PNW sweet

301 - 320 of 330 Posts