Halloween Forum banner

281 - 299 of 299 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
If the cities do allow Trick or Treating this year, I bet that there will be a LOT of kids dressed as mummies swaddled in all of that extra toilet paper.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm googling and bookmarking anything I'm interested in but not buying. I'm gonna wait until the whole thing is under control and that the Halloween TOTing is 100% ON.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Wanted to wait but couldn't deal with not doing much all day for days. So I pulled the trigger on few inexpensive things like buntings (July 4th & Halloween), lanterns, and a small water pump for my birdbath.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
675 Posts
I'm planning on still celebrating Halloween regardless, but yeah.... it's going to be a sad year for everyone who celebrates Halloween. Still not going to give up hope though and give it the best Halloween I can give myself and to my family. It seems like this is going to be going on for awhile sadly... =\

·
Registered
11 Posts
My neighborhood counts on me to do Halloween. My house is now called the Halloween House. People come from all over to see the display. I really doubt that they care that much about candy on Halloween. My house has something going on the whole month of October. Cars come by every night to see the display. So what if they can't come to the door, things are going to be happening one way or the other and they will be grateful for the experience. There is no such thing as the Halloween Grinch, not even Covid-19. Halloween will go on, lights galore.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
My neighborhood counts on me to do Halloween. My house is now called the Halloween House. People come from all over to see the display. I really doubt that they care that much about candy on Halloween. My house has something going on the whole month of October. Cars come by every night to see the display. So what if they can't come to the door, things are going to be happening one way or the other and they will be grateful for the experience. There is no such thing as the Halloween Grinch, not even Covid-19. Halloween will go on, lights galore.
Sounds like you put up quite the display in October. Good job!!!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,772 Posts
For you Lost fans (the show ended 10 years ago yesterday, & I still quote it & miss it daily & just started re-watching it on Hulu even though I have the ginormous box set of all the seasons):

2020 so far makes us all feel like:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been worried about this, too. I'm working to start a sort of trick-or-treat by mail project that hopefully would put some smiles on the faces of a few kids, anyway.

If they do end up allowing trick-or-treating to go forward in our area, this is what the kids at my house will receive, filled with candy, stickers, trading cards, etc. (working on ones for Dracula, Wolf Man and the Mummy, as well):

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
That's a great idea for the trick or treat by mail, I think I will modify it and hand deliver trick or treat bags to the neighbor kids. I really don't think TOTing will be allowed this year, I've already had conferences that were scheduled for October cancelled. I am very bummed about this. We lost a Friday Halloween to leap year and now Saturday Halloween to the coronavirus. I know it's a first world problem but Halloween is my favorite day of the year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks, hjg! I posted a little more about the mail project here: Halloween Fun Pack Project for COVID-19

Still hoping maybe traditional trick-or-treating will happen locally. It will be the first year my niece is old enough to sort of, kind of understand what's going on and why people are randomly giving her candy. (The "eating candy" part she already has down pat!)

·
Registered
5 Posts
ok.....i believe the best course is to stay the course. Plan for Halloween as usual and even if highly impacted areas restrict TOT (I live in an area that is all but back to normal), then family, friends, and passer-bys can enjoy your haunt. We all enjoy Halloween season and we cant allow the situation to "rain on our parade ". Some areas will be back to normal, some will not. Im not going to get on a soapbox but I will say that NOT watching the news for the last 5-6 weeks has certainly decreased my stress level. Life is easier with your cup half full....... I've got a 24' x 32' garage haunt planned and will be displaying !

·
Registered
499 Posts
ok.....i believe the best course is to stay the course. Plan for Halloween as usual and even if highly impacted areas restrict TOT (I live in an area that is all but back to normal), then family, friends, and passer-bys can enjoy your haunt. We all enjoy Halloween season and we cant allow the situation to "rain on our parade ". Some areas will be back to normal, some will not. Im not going to get on a soapbox but I will say that NOT watching the news for the last 5-6 weeks has certainly decreased my stress level. Life is easier with your cup half full....... I've got a 24' x 32' garage haunt planned and will be displaying !
I haven't watched the evening news for several years now, or gotten a newspaper since 2009. Best decisions of my life. I am still up to date on current events, but without all the distortions, propaganda, and fear mongering.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello all- I plan on doing business as usual. My thought is Halloween\Xmas light viewing is a great social distancing event as most displays do not require folks to get out of their cars. My display has synchronozed music and video that is simulcast via my radio station. While I may not get the tradition Halloween beggars on the 31st- I think people will enjoy the display never the less. Ty

281 - 299 of 299 Posts