Halloween Forum banner

261 - 280 of 299 Posts

·
Shadow box dancer
1,442 Posts
Not exactly quarantine related View attachment 729884
  1. We fit a few categories on here. I'm not really in charge of treats(it's the one thing I'll actually delegate), but I think for the first 300-400 kids we give out goodie bags. We're in the party pooper group because there's Halloween pencils, erasers, stickers etc. in the bags. Then we're kind of in the psychopath category because we do fruit snacks in the bag as well. But I think we kind of fall in the legend category because almost every kid also gets a glow bracelet as well. Safety is key! Haha!!! Then when everything runs out we are the trusty provider category because if we end up with extras we want the good stuff for ourselves!! Muhahaha

·
Shadow box dancer
1,442 Posts
We've kind of updated our pandemic Halloween plan. Since we're predominantly a display anyways were pretty much going forward with the game plan to make it a display viewable from the street/sidewalk. To make it more interesting we're trying to add as many effects as possible. All of which are outside of my skill sets........ So we'll see!

If things get worse by Halloween we'll still probably set the display up so I have something to keep me from going crazy. However we'll probably just share it online or from cars only.

If things get better the walkthrough portion isn't that hard to set up anyway. So we're all good on that front.

I'm still toying with the idea of some cool prop that could make handing out candy "touchless" and fun......

The one thing we still don't know is how many day we'll be "open". So we have yet to commit to something like the Socal Hauntlist as far as specific dates and times. Especially since we might just make it an online only thing in the worst case scenario........

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,004 Posts
I am a blend of cheapy mccheapface and trusty provider. But we always do a toy too, and there is no category for that. They need to add the toy thing into maybe trusty provider or make a new nice category for those that do that. I do glow bracelets and then add in other things like halloween slap braclets, spider rings, stickers & tattoos, whistles (those are fun - you can hear kids all over the neighborhood tooting them)... I always get a good response for that stuff so they must be a hit.

And I used to love smarties and dum dum/tootsie roll pops as a kid. :(

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,772 Posts
I have yet to bake a loaf of bread ever so I'm not starting now. It's not like there's a bread shortage in the stores near me. When there is I'll move to English muffins &/or tortillas.

Went to the grocery store today. Well I drove to the 3 closest stores to me & found the one that wasn't he busiest. I was surprised to see they had t.p., cleaning stuff, paper towels, some pasta (though not FULLY stocked on those things) canned tuna, plenty of all kinds of meat, eggs, some flour, etc. There were limits on certain things like the t.p. & cleaning stuff but I needed endive, carrots, napa cabbage, werid stuff, along with the usual yogurt, milk, coffee & creamer, cat food & litter, etc.

I bought some brown rice paper wrappers online to make my own summer rolls & had nothing to put in 'em & the last time I used Shipt they couldn't find ginger root so I thought they'll never find endive & napa cabbage so I took the chance & it wasn't busy or too bad. EVERY SINGLE PERSON had on their masks (I have a collection now including some reusable & some disposable), some (including myself) had on gloves, they had arrows on the floor so you could only go one direction in the aisles. Everyone kept the correct distance & the cashier even had to remind me to stay back because I was loading the belt & started moving too close. They've got plastic partitions up between you & the cashier & the keypads are covered in Glad Press N Seal.

But once I got home I was like "I gotta lie down now." I slept for 2 hours.

Next trip will be another online order of "normal" things. Plus I'm totally going to try making my own yogurt this week.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,772 Posts
This is how my Augie Cat feels about us right now because he keeps yelling at us for...I dunno... SOMETHING...I dunno. I just give him lubbiescritchies & hammy hams & he shuts up...wait...great. Now I've been trained to give llubbiescritchies & hammy hams upon his screaming.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'm going to go ahead with decorating plans, but I am imagining maybe only 20 ToT's as opposed to the 40-50 wee usually get. Plus, I'm going to hand out the treats while wearing gloves (possibly costume gloves), whereas previously I'd let the kids pick for themselves from the bowl. 🦇

·
Seer of All
2,940 Posts
Wow, I haven't been on here in ages but I was just thinking about how the current situation will affect Halloween this year so I thought I'd check in and see if anybody was discussing it.
Our area has been touched very lightly by the pandemic and I see no reason why it should be an issue at all by October, but I have a feeling that our local government will use it as the excuse they've been looking for to try and ban trick or treat once and for all. I can just see them pushing for their "safe trunk or treat with social distancing". Anybody else completely sick of all the buzz words yet?

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,772 Posts

I LOVE FAT THOR!!!! I like Buff Thor too but Fat Thor is hot too. OK, maybe it's just that Chris Hemsworth is hot period. Yep. That's the ticket! I'm now gonna go eat a whole box of Kraft Mac & Cheese, the kind with the powdered cheese.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am more concerned with whether this will affect professional haunted houses. I'm in my twenties and don't have a house yet, so I very much look forward to going up to NH for my annual Spooky World trip. If they shut down because of the virus this year, I'd be very disappointed. Does anyone have any thoughts/predictions about this?

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,772 Posts
Many of the pro places are also big fundraisers, or do fundraising, for different charities too so that will be a lot of money lost for some.

I guess it depends on what type of pro haunt it happens to be. If it's a "get super close to the customers" type, they may have to rethink it just in case. If it's just a ride or a display where they don't come near you, that would be different.

Maybe someone else here that works for one or runs one can answer that question better than I can.

261 - 280 of 299 Posts