Halloween Forum banner

241 - 260 of 299 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm googling and bookmarking anything I'm interested in but not buying. I'm gonna wait until the whole thing is under control and that the Halloween TOTing is 100% ON.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
We’re halfway there, so I was wondering about this, too. I don’t think Halloween will bd affected as much. Maybe events with large crowds. Sanctioned parties, fall festivals, ToT at businesses, and trunk or treat events. I wonder about the haunts, though. They could bring back the older style haunts, I guess. Take a handful in at a time, guide them thru, and not get too close.
A bit of ironic foreshadowing. My hometown had its first haunted tunnel experience at a Carwash. Maybe some in-car options? Haunted drive-in movie? Something like a drive thru light display, but you could be towed? Virtual?
As far as parties, I think the sanctioned ones could take a hit. Older traditions and imagery could come back. Stay at home parties, small get togethers, bonfires, and ghost stories could come back. I think ToT could be bigger, also.

·
Registered
576 Posts
As if Covid wasn't bad enough - now we have Murder hornets!!! I live in Washington and I'm legitimately scared, although I do remember growing up killer bees were the big thing and thankfully I've never run up on any of them (and I lived a good portion of my life in Texas). Maybe the murder hornets will get sidetracked fighting the killer bees? Could be an idea for a haunt...not one I would go in, but I'm sure somebody would bee into it (see what I did there?) Anyway, I guess my point is we're all gonna die before Halloween ☠

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello, I have been worrying about what will happen this halloween, I certainly hope we are all well and hopefully relieved about the outcome, I will never look at a roll of toilet paper the same way as I did! I am retired and spend time all year working on halloween projects, that's what keeps me going. I will still decorate inside and have my small family over for chilli and treats as I always do and maybe cut back on the outside stuff except for the graveyard. I typically get 400+ trick or treaters and I was expecting many more because of it being Sat. night so am trying to be optimistic and hope for the best.
I have been working on things like custom invitations for family, mini vampire killing kits as party favors, haunted mansion pictures where the eyes follow you and thought I might share some pics , I love to see pics of what other people are doing. My theme this year is haunted mansion dead and breakfast that is hosting a vampire convention/blood drive. 20200505_155110.jpg 20200505_105528.jpg 20200505_113629.jpg 20200505_105223.jpg 20200505_105342.jpg 20200505_105250.jpg 20200505_110117.jpg

Attachments

·
The Haunting Girl
878 Posts
What is a 2020 mystery box?
I'm referencing those box subscription services where you pay a company a flat fee and they send you a box of crap on a regular basis (you have no idea what it is in it until you open it). Loot Crate, Pusheen Box, BarkBox, Hello Fresh, StitchFix, ArtSnacks… There's like a million of them.

·
Super Moderator
5,697 Posts
Apparently moths were next.

To be honest, as an entomology hobbyist who's helped with several studies specializing in wasps and hornets, the moths are a hell of a lot more scary than the 'murder hornets'. Not to killing you but to the environment.

I love the news stories that the murder hornet's sting is potentially deadly to humans. Yeah, so is any sting if you're allergic. And there's some sensational video of someone getting such an agonizing sting floating around now as well...which shows an allergic reaction and some very dramatized pain.

They are a level 2 on the schmidt pain scale, which puts them around the pain of a honey bee sting. Less aggressive than yellow jackets, and much fewer numbers in their nests. Unless your out poking them, you should be fairly safe.

The big thing is that they absolutely destroy honey bee hives. Well, honey bees are an invasive species as well to be honest, and the economic damage of losing honey bees is far overblown. We should be focusing on increasing native bee species, but that's a rant for another day.

As an aside, I've been stung by quite a few insects on the pain index over my time as an hobbyist. Including the Tarantula Hawk, one of the 3-4 level 4 insects on the index. I happen to agree heartily with the list, especially the descriptions if you get the full thing.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,772 Posts
We've had gypsy moths here in the DC/MD/VA area for a while now & they can deforest stuff pretty quickly.

I still wanna start a band called "The Murder Hornets" now.

GG Allin's band was The Murder Junkies, I think that's what it reminds me of. Although I do NOT wanna be like GG Allin because, well, 1)just google the dude if you've never heard of him & 2) he's dead. He's very NSFWFM (not safe for working from home) or for the kids.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,772 Posts
To be honest, I'm pretty sure all of the cats I've ever been owned by have plotted my death & even attempted it once or twice over the years.

Question:
What have you learned about your quarantine buddies habits?

I've learned that my husband is a good bossy boss & that his underlings & others really like him! I've also learned some of them are hot messes.

His hair is getting outta hand, like Link Neal from Good Mythical Morning, kinda outta hand (Link on the left):

·
Registered
576 Posts
"NSFWFM" 😂 I am going to start using that! I have learned my coworkers are quite lazy.

I have also discovered doing telehealth is exhausting 🥴

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,772 Posts
One of my co-workers, Augie Cat, likes to scream at us all day to be let out. I let him out today & he was all "nopenopenope...too cold" but he went under my car on the carport anyway. You could tell he reeeealllly wanted back in but didn't want me to be right because I TOLD him it was too cold. So he stayed under my car for 5 minutes then yelled to be let back in.

Today when he started screaming I just looked at him & I said "I KNOW Augie, but it's hard out here for a pimp!" And my husband just laughed & asked me "Did you just say it's hard out here for a pimp???!!!" For some reason I had that song in my brain, Three 6 Mafia won an Oscar for it, & it was the first thing I thought of when he yelled "MEEEEEHHHHHH!!"

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello fellow Halloween enthusiasts. New here to the community. Unfortunately I think large gatherings are going to be cancelled this year. I cancelled my Salem MA vacation for October;(. But i shall be celebrating at home with good friends. See you all in Salem Halloween 2021!

241 - 260 of 299 Posts