Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
I feel as though it's a very important thing to make sure you've got space for your display! Good for you! Also, nice to see someone else from Boston! :D

·
Registered
668 Posts
Not crazy at all. The bonus for you building your home vs hunting for one that is built, is you don't have to look and hope to find one that meets all your specific criteria. Make sure you have plenty of power distribution for outside while your at it.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Crazy to want a place for your Halloween display? well...
We are in an everlasting state of remodel. We had a chimney pulled out a little while ago (switched to geothermal heat & AC) and I'm seriously thinking I don't want to finish up the interior part until after next Halloween. Imagine the possibilities for trap doors and hatches--- a prop rising out of the floor or dropping out of the ceiling. It would be a shame to waste that opportunity, wouldn't it? Or is that crazy?

Congratulations on your upcoming new house! I wish you quick construction with minimal "issues", and I hope you enjoy it immensely!

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
haha ooojen, that sounds like me!

When we bought our house in May 2013, the trellis that covers the crawlspace under our porch was broken. So for the first two Halloweens, I put a Blucky in there, as if he was crawling out from under the porch. Everyone loved it. However, I've kind of knocked the pieces more loose than they were to begin with, and now it really looks bad...especially since I took the Blucky out after Halloween.

I know that we should fix it, but I don't want to! Although I guess doing the same thing three years in a row might be a little too much, I should change it up somewhat. I don't change much in my scenes, aside from placement of items.

I can't wait for this year, so I can put up the things that I bought on clearance. I HOPE that our weather is good enough to allow me to set it all up. I will be very disappointed to not be able to use the new stuff.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
We are all at least a little crazy... Where I am moving, I am most likely not going to be able to do an outdoor display and probably will not have any ToTers, so I wanted to be certain to have room to decorate indoors, even if no one else sees it.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We are all at least a little crazy... Where I am moving, I am most likely not going to be able to do an outdoor display and probably will not have any ToTers, so I wanted to be certain to have room to decorate indoors, even if no one else sees it.
I needed to see that, Garth....we won't have any ToTs either...we are moving waaay up in the woods..on the other hand...it would be awesome for putting up outdoor 'deterrents'...bwahahahaha.

Yep, i gotta do it for me if no one else. :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
I always rate homes on haunt potential, first and foremost.

Garthgoyle, our fam has to move in the summer, and my haunt space is yet to be determined. I am pretty sure it won't be adequate, and am severely depressed. However, I will haunt something. I will not succumb to trunk or treat.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Answer to the question presented by this post?
See www.hauntedravensgrin.com This is my house, i live here and have for 27 years. Open almost ever night giving house tours.
Ravens Grin on Facebook has a new/old video on it showing what the house looked like after I had owned for a short while, very different from now.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i guess the silver lining of not being able to do a haunt at home is that it leaves us free to go to other places. This year we are going to rogers gardens in CA, Disneyland and SLeepy Hollow.

·
Registered
302 Posts
i guess the silver lining of not being able to do a haunt at home is that it leaves us free to go to other places. This year we are going to rogers gardens in CA, Disneyland and SLeepy Hollow.
Sounds like the best idea. I love Rogers Garden.

At least I won't be tempted to spend money on more props and goodies. Can spend that money on going to commercial haunted houses, pumpkin patches, and whatever else we can dig up around halloween to enjoy the season.

Are you going to the real Sleepy Hollow in NY, or is there a haunt/amusement park themed Sleepy Hallow?

·
bone collector
3,167 Posts
Sounds like a great trip, www~and congrats on the new home!
If we ever moved, we would totally consider the haunt factor, but since our next stop
is an urn (aka used tupperware container)... that'll be creepy enough :eek:
Should be beautiful So Cal weather for you in October~hope you share your pics!!!

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
I needed to see that, Garth....we won't have any ToTs either...we are moving waaay up in the woods..on the other hand...it would be awesome for putting up outdoor 'deterrents'...bwahahahaha.

Yep, i gotta do it for me if no one else. :)
I am glad that my situation makes you feel less alone, wickedwillingwench. It is what it is, and I most certainly agree about doing the decorating for oneself. 'Beautifying' the woods could be tons of fun, even if just for photo ops.

Garthgoyle, our fam has to move in the summer, and my haunt space is yet to be determined. I am pretty sure it won't be adequate, and am severely depressed. However, I will haunt something. I will not succumb to trunk or treat.
Yes, it is depressing feeling forced to move and not knowing what to expect. I hope that things work out well for you and the family, Countess No, and that Trunk or Treat is not what it comes down to. I attended one years ago, with a couple of friends-at-the-time (we were walking the neighborhood with one's adopted son, who was trick-or-treating), and I was not exactly impressed. Plus, I do not like the fact that the majority are held in church parking lots and, therefore, often have a religious undertone.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
If I decided to move and build a house, I would be done haunting...but I'm not looking at moving. For me, based on the improvements I made, power and storage would be the two primary factors.

·
Registered
237 Posts
When I moved to my current home there was only one tree. I designed my flower beds and trees around what would be a good path for the yard haunt. :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
[/QUOTE] Yes, it is depressing feeling forced to move and not knowing what to expect. I hope that things work out well for you and the family, Countess No, and that Trunk or Treat is not what it comes down to. I attended one years ago, with a couple of friends-at-the-time (we were walking the neighborhood with one's adopted son, who was trick-or-treating), and I was not exactly impressed. Plus, I do not like the fact that the majority are held in church parking lots and, therefore, often have a religious undertone.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so very much for the good wishes about the upcoming move, and I wish you the best in return. I hope we both have better than expected outcomes. Perhaps good things will happen unexpectedly and we will both get a nice home, area, and haunting ground. Or perhaps we will both be murdered in our sleep and die in agony. I am sure it will be one or the other. ;)

Yeah, we go to church for a halloween event, but it isn't in the night of halloween, and it is not my halloween happiness. It's more to help out and it is pleasant, but halloween night at home is the highlight of my season. If you are not church going folk, it would be a truly miserable experience at a church trunk or treat. Our church is relaxed compared to many about celebrating halloween, and allows kids to wear costumes, etc.

My husband's friend had a trunk or treat at his work, and they borrowed my haunted bride to put in the back of their truck. They said it was a great hit, but I still am blase about the whole experience. I did see a thread here that have many haunters saying that their trunkertreats were fun and spooky. I guess they can be ok, and would like to see a spooky one.

·
A Wee Bit Wicked
1,292 Posts
we are going to build a new house and one of my first concerns is to make sure I have a wonderful space to display my boney bunch and halloween things. Is anybody else that crazy??

:)I'm raising my hand........
You just can't see me.:eek::D:D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts