Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are other threads on here about using an ipad/iphone/ipod in your haunt for audio or automation, but have people experimented with using video-capable apple products to do projections and other effects? I have an ipod classic and an ipod nano that both do video and audio out with the correct component or composite cable. I'm thinking about connecting one to an old black and white tv (that has a composite input) which would show an emergency tv loop notifying people of a zombie outbreak (youtube has a ton of these videos). I'm also thinking about using the other ipod to connect to a projector via a vga adapter to display an atmosfearfx video loop that I ripped off one of the dvd's I bought from them. For me it makes sense to attempt to use these primarily audio devices for video effects because they're so small and portable, and of course, because i already own them! Having to connect a laptop or a full on dvd player, or one of the mini $30-50 video players from amazon seems unnecessary given the ipods' capabilities. My only concern is that the batteries in my older ipods won't last the full 8 hours of the haunt. So they all probably have to be connected to a power source at the same time that they're using their video out. Anyone else tried this with success?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Well, I am using an ipad for my singing busts, and the composite apple a/v cable has an attached usb cable...that attached usb cable charges the device as you are using it, but does require an apple usb to wall plug adapter...i think the iphone and the ipod have that same 30 pin connector on the bottom...this way you don't drain the battery ...the apple cable is expensive, though there may be a cheaper generic version
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC748ZM/A/apple-composite-av-cable

1 - 2 of 2 Posts